1. #201
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    .



    You mean aside from the ones that flew the planes on 9/11? Sorry couldn't resist.
    sick burn..

  2. #202
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,796
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Yeah. Then Bush Jr trying initially to blame 9/11 on Iraq and using that as an excuse to invade. When that didn't work out they invented WMDs.



    You mean aside from the ones that flew the planes on 9/11? Sorry couldn't resist.
    Watch out Pship it takes offense of that kind of gallows humor.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #203
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,333
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Watch out Pship it takes offense of that kind of gallows humor.
    Then he may want to remove the wooden suppository.

  4. #204
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,437
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    No it's not correct. In fact, if you google up Dabiq, you can see monthly lists of apostates that ISIS has marked for death. Most are Islamic clerics, many of whom have migrated from the ME to the US or Europe who openly espouse Western ideas and ideals, and encourage assimilation and integration. Get your head out of your echo chamber, and actually do some flipping research.

    That doesn't really contradict the point.
    That's actually a *very* good reason not to want to assimilate, that threat of death.
    So yes, it would seem assimilation is STRONGLY discouraged.

  5. #205
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,333
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    That doesn't really contradict the point.
    That's actually a *very* good reason not to want to assimilate, that threat of death.
    So yes, it would seem assimilation is STRONGLY discouraged.
    Ok... The troll side of me says... Pfft, martyrdom for your beliefs... Winner of 72-7200(depending on interpretation) virgins. That's hardly discouragement, au contraire assimilation is thus encouraged.

    His point was
    Muslims refuse to adapt when they enter other countries, instead they expect the entire country to adapt to them. Germany again is a good example.
    Well if they all refused to assimilate, ISIS wouldn't be putting out wanted lists of Muslims that assimilate, nor of Imams that encourage assimilation.

  6. #206

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically there are 3 options:

    1) obliterate all muslims;
    2) help the moderate muslims take control;
    3) wait until something changes by itself.

    I would vote for 2.

    EDIT
    Also, I think that blocking people out of Italy because, perhaps, if we squint the eyes a lot, they might look like terrorists, is not ethical.

  7. #207
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,437
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Ok... The troll side of me says... Pfft, martyrdom for your beliefs... Winner of 72-7200(depending on interpretation) virgins. That's hardly discouragement, au contraire assimilation is thus encouraged.

    His point was


    Well if they all refused to assimilate, ISIS wouldn't be putting out wanted lists of Muslims that assimilate, nor of Imams that encourage assimilation.

    It it hyperbolic yes, it's not all; but that Muslim immigrants would rather not assimilate has been pretty well documented.
    I don't have the sources on hand but it's pretty clear cut n Denmark, and I'm sure it's similar elsewhere.
    They also, as a group, rely on more social services.
    Women don't work as much.
    These are objective facts.
    I don't see why this is a point of contention except for the hyperbole.

  8. #208
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,437
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...granted I lack the perspective of anyone whose culture and religion are so intertwined, entirely.

  9. #209
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,333
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    ...granted I lack the perspective of anyone whose culture and religion are so intertwined, entirely.
    It definitely becomes more tricky there. For instance Orthodox Jews have typically refused to assimilate into the cultures where they find themselves. Whether that be the UK, the US, Thailand, Japan or Viet Nam. However, less important than assimilation is overall integration. I.e. do they see themselves as citizens of the nations in which they live?

    Refusing to assimilate does not automatically mean marginalization leading to feelings of disenfranchisement and ultimately radicalization.

    Oh and to head off any righty arguments regarding Sharia, Jews have been living under their own religious law system in their communities ever since the expulsion from Israel in 135 CE, and continue to do so, even in nations like the United States. Wanting to live under Sharia, and finding ways to do that within the frame work of US law does not equate automatically to imposing Sharia upon US citizenry.

  10. #210

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's what I do, and it works great for me.
    What you do is avoid truth and objectivity. It doesn't work out great for any BS poster, especially not one with your shady past here.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    when's one's entire debate arsenal is insults, threats of violence, name-calling, and even threats of bans for disagreement, that I don't deal with.
    Your "debate arsenal" consists of race baiting, magic pyramids, and lying about established facts or even scientific consensus...you're like dealing with the love child of John Springer, Happeh, and a dozen random riff raff bullshidoka.

    The sperm milkshake you sprung from must have been quite the concoction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    This is a bullshit ban. 1bad is a worthless sack of donkeysemen but he's done little to warrant banning.
    How about supporting Neo Nazi murder? Blatant racism? Unfunny trolling even used to be a penalty here and could get you banned over time... I can pull up his posts...and trolling or not, I just dont care about his motives anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Watch out Pship it takes offense of that kind of gallows humor.
    The only thing worse than a dumb joke is a smart liar. In that respect...no, I love jokes about death but only when they're original and don't involve real people recently or historically murdered.

    Go ahead and make a dumb joke about 9/11, the Holocaust, or Heather Heyer, and not only will I be offended but I'll never forgive or forget. Words do matter, no matter how much dipshit like 1bad claim. Hiding behind things like Poe's law or lulz is for punk surf Nazis like our dearly departed.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/16/2017 10:44pm at .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in