Page 11 of 25 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I've heard that conspiracy theory many times, but i do not believe it. It holds no water, if you ask me.
    Not a conspiracy theory, it is a fairly well established fact. IIRC it is also talked about in the 9/11 commission report.

Now that's a new one. Other than criticism for the mass slaughter on the 'Highway of Death' which was criticized by some, ive not heard any of that.

Can you source it, please?
    You want a bibliography of the history books that cover the diplomacy leading up to the first gulf war? I don't know of any that don't cover this. The most detailed account would probably be Arms Over Diplomacy as it doesn't cover the actual war, only the run up to it and how the Bush administration regularly and consistently chose options that would shut down a diplomatic solution and result in a military one.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    You're a moron. They are literally the same book. Jesus never wrote a fucking thing.

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

“All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

By the way.... I was (am still? Can you be unbaptised?) A born again Christian. At one point in my youth I was the " the tyranny of evil men." Meeting a nice religious family helped me turn my life around..... but then I read the Bible. Yea..... I ain't falling for that ****. Lots of silly stuff in there buddy.

This one is just dope and has nothing to do with our conversation.
    "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." Psalms 144-1
    Wait I am confused 1bad..... you don't want to argue scripture with me? You're not having trouble keeping up are you? Or is it you are speaking of material you haven't read and don't understand like the majority of every other "Christian" on the god damn planet.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    The timed explosive bit is the scary part here. It means the bomber is somewhat clever and has some self-preservation instinct, meaning he could do it again next week as well.

Islamic terrorist actions are often suicide attacks, since the death of the bomber is as much the goal as the killing of random civilians. Woe betide you if they actually start cheating and using strategy and whatnot.
    Yes, absolutely...if any terrorists actually stop just killing themselves to kill a few people, it's going to get rough. Killing people with a knife or suicide vest is really not the way to go if you really want to terrorize...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, according to Robert Fisk's semi-biography of OBL, what really pissed young OBL off was indeed the presence of American troops in Arabian lands, which he felt violated the sanctity of Mecca. I can't provide a much more accurate source than that, but I've read this claim elsewhere and find it credible.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Right, because there hasn't been anything like the lynching of blacks, or mixed race couples, or mixed race kids in the Bible belt at all.
    Do what???

First off, you don't see churches calling for that ****. Its always a few racist assholes saying they are Christians.

Contrast it to some of these terror spewing imams with mosques with thousands and thousands of worshippers packed in them.

Those must be the 'moderate Muslims' you ostriches keep talking about.

No bombings of abortion clinics... What alternate reality do you live in? Have you heard of Texas' sex toy laws?
    When was the last abortion clinic bombing? Wasn't it like in the Clinton years or something??

Contrast to the Muslim Terror Attack of the Week times we are living in.

Talk about a false equivalency.

As for Texas sex toy laws, as if they actually enforce them. Hell, if they did I'd probably be looking at the death penalty. Lol

Whens the last time we threw someone in prison for owning a dildo?

You're slipping, to be honest.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not a conspiracy theory, it is a fairly well established fact. IIRC it is also talked about in the 9/11 commission report.

You want a bibliography of the history books that cover the diplomacy leading up to the first gulf war? I don't know of any that don't cover this. The most detailed account would probably be Arms Over Diplomacy as it doesn't cover the actual war, only the run up to it and how the Bush administration regularly and consistently chose options that would shut down a diplomatic solution and result in a military one.
    This may have been the biggest bungle in the last 30 years.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Whens the last time we threw someone in prison for owning a dildo?

This is true. Texas let your wife marry one which is pretty progressive.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    The problem is that, even if the odds are high that this is fundamentalist Islam terrorism, you just can't start accusing people without proof.
    This is sort of the whole point of the justice system.
    We are not the justice system, we are a few people discussing stuff. And yes, even in the criminal justice system, people get investigated without "proof". They may not get charged, but they get investigated...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, absolutely...if any terrorists actually stop just killing themselves to kill a few people, it's going to get rough. Killing people with a knife or suicide vest is really not the way to go if you really want to terrorize...
    It's an excellent way to terrorise, really, since it emphasises the "Holy ****, these people are nuts!" bit and tells the victims that nobody is safe, the attackers are willing to die to get to you.

As an actual credible threat to society, it's......less terrifying. Suicide terrorists are inherently extremely selfish creatures, wanting to be glorified posthumously by the jihadi community and also to attain entrance into Heaven. Tactically significant casualties are not the issue - if it was, they'd try blowing holes in dams or power plants instead of random pedestrians.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I believe that 1bad is extremely well-versed in various sex toy laws, no matter the state.
    When Fleshlights are outlawed, only outlaws will have Fleshlights.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Page 11 of 25 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last