Page 37 of 38 First ... 27333435363738 Last
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, you read that right, might as well stop whining about it, it's happening, it's gonna happen, and I don't see anything stopping it.
    You can't see it because it hasn't been invented yet. What stops it all is a more abundant, cheap clean energy source like we're sort of on the way to developing, as long as the fossil fuel industry doesn't kill that off.

Any President using the terms "clean coal" is a threat to cleaner energy technology, by default. The term is a bastardization by Las Vegas ad men.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/30/...ure-energy-no/
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/02/2018 1:04pm at .

Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, you read that right, might as well stop whining about it, it's happening, it's gonna happen, and I don't see anything stopping it.

Shale Oil and gas, gentlemen. We've perhaps spoken of it before.
    The renaissance of the American petroleum industry.
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=34772
    http://www.naturalgasintel.com/Major...Resource-Plays

Seriously, this is the USA alone, and the assessment is ongoing. I'm assuming this is a "mean" assessment, as I didn't mouse around long enough to delve into P10, P90 type numbers.
    https://energy.usgs.gov/OilGas/Asses...ntUpdates.aspx

It's beyond YUGE, BIGGLY. And that is US potential and current production. The same sort of plays exist around the world. It's just that in less mature areas, the conventional oil and gas reserves are still huge, with huge potential. The unconventional stuff is just waiting in the wings around the world.

What will it take to stop the juggernaut of inexpensive and widely available crude oil and natural gas ?

Oh, and then there are gas hydrates/clathrates, themselves a potential catastrophic source of methane into the atmosphere, due to human-caused global warming.
    https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/fs20173080

The USGS Assessments are not even up to date for all provinces..

Oh, and did I mention world-wide ?
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=14431
    You seem almost happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm hoping for a technological save of some type, but that's not going to happen when half the country thinks the problem doesn't exist. That fat **** Rush Limbaugh said the hurricanes were fake news meant to propaganda for climate change. I notice he still decided to evacuate though.
    I agree, a lot of attention is paid these days to harmful emissions while the rest of the problems remain unsolved. Hurricanes are fake news? Meaning, nothing is happening all around the world? I think all people now see that the world is on the verge of global cataclysms. Snow in Africa, warm Arctic... Constant floods, hurricanes. While the politicians turn a blind eye to this and say that nothing is happening?

I read that policians are building bunkers for themselves. So, during the cataclysms, they will be saved, their family, friends, security... But what will the rest of the people do?

Style
    Grapple
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Dav View Post
    I read that policians are building bunkers for themselves. So, during the cataclysms, they will be saved, their family, friends, security... But what will the rest of the people do?
    They are not the only ones.

I too have a bunker.
    King without a crown

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I read that Aliens run our government and are priming us for food stock. It is the whole reason why Republicans are killing all public school programs which deal with creativity and critical thinking. The aliens insist on stupid mind numbed cattle.

I have also read that you shouldn't believe everything you read but that is just liberal hogwash meant to destroy the the Christian belief system which has been in place for over half of the worlds 5,000 year old existence.

I have also read that Trump is a great business man and truly a moral compass to guide America in it's great future.

*edit*

Oh god I just read his deleted post .. it is ... well.. I am glad he deleted it, but also sad cause I think it clearly showed his view point and depth of thought.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I read that Aliens run our government and are priming us for food stock. It is the whole reason why Republicans are killing all public school programs which deal with creativity and critical thinking. The aliens insist on stupid mind numbed cattle.

I have also read that you shouldn't believe everything you read but that is just liberal hogwash meant to destroy the the Christian belief system which has been in place for over half of the worlds 5,000 year old existence.

I have also read that Trump is a great business man and truly a moral compass to guide America in it's great future.

*edit*

Oh god I just read his deleted post .. it is ... well.. I am glad he deleted it, but also sad cause I think it clearly showed his view point and depth of thought.
    Wait until she tries to sell us the book (I cleaned it up, yesterday morning). Then, warn her.

It might be entertaining to not outright ban her. If she keeps pushing the book, toast, but if interested in real discussion only, then we're in for a treat.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Are you aware of the great bunker building time of cold war right?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

really? can you send me a photo? :)))

Style
    all things in Moderation
    really? can you send me a photo? :)))
    Weird your location doesn't match your IP.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 37 of 38 First ... 27333435363738 Last