Page 15 of 36 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guird View Post
    "Climate change isn't real"
    "Climate change is so bad that it's all hopeless and there's no point"
    Anything to avoid doing something I guess?

Just because the problem can't be entirely solved doesn't mean we shouldn't bother. We should be funding infrastructure changes, research, etc to still reduce the long term effects.
    Many nations have sucessfully reduced their carbon emissions. And why not? It benefits them politically (less dependence on oil-rich nations), economically (creation of many jobs in building and maintaining ifrastructure) and whatever it costs it's expected to save money in the long term by reducing the ecomonic impacts of climate change.
    You're wasting your time with the "burn baby burn" crowd.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You're wasting your time with the "burn baby burn" crowd.
    Science has never been wrong.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Thanks, but I'll take the word of every legit scientist on earth over your bullshit.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, but I'll take the word of every legit scientist on earth over your bullshit.
    Same, here. I am not opposed to changing my mind about something, but it sure as hell won't be because of your regurgitated vitriol from whatever source(s) of disinformation you are using. This goes for sciency stuff, like this, and for politics, and probably for any other general topic you've ever engaged in on these forums. You probably aren't as stupid as I think, but you're a **** poster. You aren't even a good troll, which I could appreciate. You're just annoying. I think you need a little Carnegie in your diet.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same, here. I am not opposed to changing my mind about something, but it sure as hell won't be because of your regurgitated vitriol from whatever source(s) of disinformation you are using. This goes for sciency stuff, like this, and for politics, and probably for any other general topic you've ever engaged in on these forums. You probably aren't as stupid as I think, but you're a **** poster. You aren't even a good troll, which I could appreciate. You're just annoying. I think you need a little Carnegie in your diet.
    My sources?? My disinformation?? You do like pot and kettle arguments, but coming from a Trump supporter this is just spectacular. I think your diet could use less fox news.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Algore.....

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway...

Black carbon is where it's at...
    https://climate.nasa.gov/news/482/cl...imate-warming/

Not a good thought for the coal industry without trapping particulates.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Policy however...

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Anyway...

Black carbon is where it's at...
    https://climate.nasa.gov/news/482/cl...imate-warming/

Not a good thought for the coal industry without trapping particulates.
    I think our main focus should be on developing artificial carbon sinks. Filters dovetail into that, because you'll pretty quickly develop a need to deposit the accumulations.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think our main focus should be on developing artificial carbon sinks. Filters dovetail into that, because you'll pretty quickly develop a need to deposit the accumulations.
    Sequestration...if you mean C02, you have to have somewhere to put it. Underground is usually the first place thought of.

I'm not sure of the physics of removing mass quantities of CO2 from the atmosphere at any sort of rate that would put a dent in the amount in the atmosphere.

I guess if one looked at say, yearly CO2 output for the world, an idea of a rate just to keep up could be calculated.

Of course, condensing the gas requires energy, so something is gonna have to burn...

The particulate trapping probably has a better chance of success, as can be applied at point source of the emission.

https://www.co2.earth/global-co2-emissions
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 15 of 36 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last