Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last
  1. #61
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Those examples of ogoshi are looking an awful lot like they are being lifted. Are you saying they should be more tripped over their hip by your hip?
    By lifting, I mean using lift as part of the entry. Picking up uke to throw them, the classic **** up when doing O Goshi.

    Like I wrote a bit earlier, sure, there is a small amount of "lift" involved, but it's the timing of the lift that matters.

    What you typically see in a static O Goshi is tori turning into uke, grabbing uke around the waist, lifting uke, then rotating uke over.

    That's what I'm writing about, plus variations on that theme.

    ***edit**

    And correct, you can just roll uke over your hip..O Goshi is sometimes called "hip roll throw". Which is primarily what you see in the video I posted for O Goshi.
    Last edited by BKR; 9/08/2017 11:30am at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #62
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Belt? who needs to grab belt when love handles are available.
    Now we know why you do jiu jitsu...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #63
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    By lifting, I mean using lift as part of the entry. Picking up uke to throw them, the classic **** up when doing O Goshi.

    Like I wrote a bit earlier, sure, there is a small amount of "lift" involved, but it's the timing of the lift that matters.

    What you typically see in a static O Goshi is tori turning into uke, grabbing uke around the waist, lifting uke, then rotating uke over.

    That's what I'm writing about, plus variations on that theme.

    ***edit**

    And correct, you can just roll uke over your hip..O Goshi is sometimes called "hip roll throw". Which is primarily what you see in the video I posted for O Goshi.
    OK, here is a BKR approved, POLISH (so it must be right, correct, Rayce) O Goshi video to illustrate how I think O Goshi in it's pure form should be done, more or less.


    The utoobz channel ABC Judo has decent videos. I haven't watched all of them, but what I have watched are quite good.
    I looked at the ukemi one, well...ok, but mistakes in some. LOL, the mae ukemi looks pretty good, better than the video MisterMr posted, plus application.

    What happens is that when they slow **** down, it's harder, and mistakes are made. Then they start moving and using natural movement, and it all smooths out and is fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmM...ZRl8-UfXtm8LsA

    Plus, it's Polish !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9
    Drop Ko Uchi Gari against a much taller opponent is extremely effective.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9
    Koga has a great video on using this technique against big opponents in Judo.

  6. #66
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ayrshiregrapple View Post
    Drop Ko Uchi Gari against a much taller opponent is extremely effective.
    Kouchi Gari is Kouchi Gari, no such thing as "drop kouchi gari". There are variations, for sure, though.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #67
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,073
    Style
    Kendo
    I'm trying to picture what "drop" kouchi gari is.

    OP: you can get kouchi gari out of combination techniques using what I think of as the "inside" ashi-waza: ouchi-gari, kouchi-gari, uchi-mata. How your opponent reacts to you attacking one of them can set him up for another one.

  8. #68
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    I'm trying to picture what "drop" kouchi gari is.

    OP: you can get kouchi gari out of combination techniques using what I think of as the "inside" ashi-waza: ouchi-gari, kouchi-gari, uchi-mata. How your opponent reacts to you attacking one of them can set him up for another one.
    Pretty sure he means what is commonly called "Kouchi Makikomi" or "Kouchi Sutemi"...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #69
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,073
    Style
    Kendo
    So double handed grip on the same side arm as the attacked leg and go down with uke?

  10. #70
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    So double handed grip on the same side arm as the attacked leg and go down with uke?
    Yeah, commonly done with double sleeve grip, or grab leg as well, or, as follow-on to Ippon Seoi Nage, or as a direct attack.



    I used to use this throw a LOT...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in