Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    wouldnt JKD make you look more like bruce lee, you know, besides being of asian descent?
    Those wooden dummies though. Does jkd even use dummies? Also is it classified as kung fu? Cos chunners like to say they know kung fu or that their style is kung fu.

Style
    Bjj
    So after some research ive found a story recorded in the scrolls of the 36 chambers by the wu tang clan which documents a rift between jkd and wc. Basically they teamed up to defeat all other martial arts during the time of the great gwai lo wars (where master lee had his back broken) but at the last minute in fear of the chun becoming too strong a challenge was brought out and sorta went down like this. (There is referance to wing chun usage of swords, master wong of youtube has instructionals on butterfly swords)

Guy 1: Jeet kun do shadow boxing and the wing chun sword style. If what you is true, the jkd and the wing chun could be dangerous! Do you think your wing chun sword can defeat me?

Guy 2: on-guard i'll show my wing chun style!

***Much motherfuckin Rukus was brought***

After 20 minutes of arguments on how wing chun would defeat others with chain punches and zig zag stepping. The man of jeet was overcome by human nature and backfisted the wing chunner, instantly flooring him. The chunner picked himself up and declared the bout to be an invalid representation of his style's effectivness as it was under sport rules and on the street, plains or fields jeet kun do would simply not work against him.

In a further act to detach themselves of the incident all leading members of clan of chun decided to confuse anyone who might want to attack the vulnerable clan or draw them to a disadvantage by having a sports fight. They decided the best measure was reformation under the guises of Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Ving Tsun and Ving Chun. Some of these clans claim they are teh real kung fu wing chun but we will never know. What information can be determined is that Wing Chun and all of its off shoots and clans remain to be completly ineffective.
    Last edited by Kravbizarre; 9/21/2017 5:51am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    So after some research ive found a story recorded in the scrolls of the 36 chambers by the wu tang clan which documents a rift between jkd and wc. Basically they teamed up to defeat all other martial arts during the time of the great gwai lo wars (where master lee had his back broken) but at the last minute in fear of the chun becoming too strong a challenge was brought out and sorta went down like this. (There is referance to wing chun usage of swords, master wong of youtube has instructionals on butterfly swords)

Guy 1: Jeet kun do shadow boxing and the wing chun sword style. If what you is true, the jkd and the wing chun could be dangerous! Do you think your wing chun sword can defeat me?

After 20 minutes of arguments on how wing chun would defeat others with chain punches and zig zag stepping. The man on jeet was overcome by human nature and backfisted the wing chunner, instantly flooring him. The chunner picked himself up and declared the bout to be an invalid representation of his style's effectivness as it was under sport rules and on the street, plains or fields jeet kun do would simply not work against him.

In a further act to detach themselves of the incident all leading members of clan of chun decided to confuse anyone who might want to attack the vulnerable clan or draw them to a disadvantage by having a sports fight. They decided the best measure was reformation under the guises of Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Ving Tsun and Ving Chun. Some of these clans claim they are teh real kung fu wing chun but we will never know. What information can be determined is that Wing Chun and all of its off shoots and clans remain to be completly ineffective.
    I believe you have made some critical "translation" errors.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Koryu
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Already been doing Judo about 2 years now, was wondering hypothetically since I keep hearing the 'aikido is bad base but good supplement' comment when it comes to japanese arts.
    What WarnCheese said. I myself did goju for 14 years, tried a seminar of aikido and used to spar a tiny bit with a housemate who was doing wing chun. Forget wing chun, the syllabus and arsenal of goju is more varied an better imho. Forget about aikido too (no resistance training, in contrast to judo).

Stick with judo, as it goju supposedly is for 'infighting' (lol), or add muay thai if striking is more your thing (or kyokushin)

If you're interested in the history of some ancestor styles, here's a vid with a demo of sanchin by some kung fu stylist, uechi and goju ryu practitioners respectively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWh-uhw4C9s

Look at the differences. So what is the use of getting into a different art that has the same ancestor, but is so completely different that it's almost unrecognisable? (and useless)

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post

After 20 minutes of arguments on how wing chun would defeat others with chain punches and zig zag stepping. The man of jeet was overcome by human nature and backfisted the wing chunner, instantly flooring him. The chunner picked himself up and declared the bout to be an invalid representation of his style's effectivness as it was under sport rules and on the street, plains or fields jeet kun do would simply not work against him.

I want this in a kung fu hustle style film

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    What WarnCheese said. I myself did goju for 14 years, tried a seminar of aikido and used to spar a tiny bit with a housemate who was doing wing chun. Forget wing chun, the syllabus and arsenal of goju is more varied an better imho. Forget about aikido too (no resistance training, in contrast to judo).

Stick with judo, as it goju supposedly is for 'infighting' (lol), or add muay thai if striking is more your thing (or kyokushin)

If you're interested in the history of some ancestor styles, here's a vid with a demo of sanchin by some kung fu stylist, uechi and goju ryu practitioners respectively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWh-uhw4C9s

Look at the differences. So what is the use of getting into a different art that has the same ancestor, but is so completely different that it's almost unrecognisable? (and useless)
    may I ask why the lol on 'infighting' even though I consider it a vague term myself.

Style
    Koryu
    Are you EGKA by any chance?

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Are you EGKA by any chance?
    Seiwakai

Style
    Koryu
    Ah took part in that seminar last year in October. I'm not with that organisations though.

This infighting is taught in bunkai and in kakie but that's all: compliant training. Taking up muay Thai or judo is much more useful for that if you ask me

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Ah took part in that seminar last year in October. I'm not with that organisations though.

This infighting is taught in bunkai and in kakie but that's all: compliant training. Taking up muay Thai or judo is much more useful for that if you ask me
    See we do spar and have a full contact sparring class or two each week so that's fine for now, but Im pretty sure that's cause my coach has been a knockdown fighter and kickboxer as well, so he might not have the same attitudes as some in terms of how karate and striking should be taught.

I honestly think if I ended up moving away, I'd be looking at a different style, like muay thai or sambo. Already doing Judo

Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last