Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,194
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    If Judo were easy they would call it kung-fu.
    I'm not sure you realize what you just wrote there...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    202
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    If Judo were easy they would call it kung-fu.
    And also if it didn't work more than it did...

  3. #13
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'm not sure you realize what you just wrote there...
    I was being funny-ish..... and advising judo over kung-fu wrestling.

  4. #14
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,194
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I was being funny-ish..... and advising judo over kung-fu wrestling.
    You might want to look up the definition of kung fu.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    752
    Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasquinho View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Why my interest with shuai jiao is because I get the feeling that they stand more than judo? Every time I watch a judo video they are both falling to the ground.
    How do they stand more than Judo? Judo is stand up grappling.

    In Shuai Jiao the ruleset is that if they are thrown, they lose, in Judo, while this can be true with ippons, they dont work on the same assumption that this means a fight is over, and go for a submission. I'd personally not want to be a grappler who cant submit a guy if I needed to, so I would personally take Judo or BJJ over it, and maybe use some Shuai Jiao to inform my Judo for Ippon training.

    The striking is looking a little sub par and punch catching is silly. Theres also the point that Judo is often more widely available and the frequent competitions means you will learn to apply it against a resisting opponent.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    752
    Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You might want to look up the definition of kung fu.
    the real question is, if kung fu guys suck at fighting, are they really using real kung fu?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in