Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some U.S. diplomats in Cuba diagnosed with serious health conditions

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-u-...-records-show/

US diplomats working in Havana have been diagnosed with a range of medical conditions, from headaches to nausea to balance issues. Not much detail on the severity of the conditions.

An anonymous source cited in the article attributes these to 'sonic attacks'. I'm not up to date on state-of-the-art military tech. I'm not sure which is more surprising to me -- that such technology already exists, or that Cuba would have access to it.
    "I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scares away ghosts, creates for itself goblins--it wants to laugh." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    If you are getting scared and short of breathe remind/tell yourself ,"There's no where else in the whole world I choose to be tonight."

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-u-...-records-show/

US diplomats working in Havana have been diagnosed with a range of medical conditions, from headaches to nausea to balance issues. Not much detail on the severity of the conditions.

An anonymous source cited in the article attributes these to 'sonic attacks'. I'm not up to date on state-of-the-art military tech. I'm not sure which is more surprising to me -- that such technology already exists, or that Cuba would have access to it.
    Cuba is terrified and has been working with Canada and the US. No one really thinks it was Cuba. Sonic devices are neat... and old tech actually. People thought it was malfunctioning listening devices at first...

supporting links incoming...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too many mojitos, probably.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, BFM! This is some seriously fun reading.

And by 'fun', I mean 'scary as hell.'

If the Cubans don't have the will and/or resources to do this, then who does? Is this Uncle Vladdy again?
    "I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scares away ghosts, creates for itself goblins--it wants to laugh." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

If you are getting scared and short of breathe remind/tell yourself ,"There's no where else in the whole world I choose to be tonight."

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, BFM! This is some seriously fun reading.

And by 'fun', I mean 'scary as hell.'

If the Cubans don't have the will and/or resources to do this, then who does? Is this Uncle Vladdy again?
    Obviously it is who ever it is will benefit from stressing US and Canada relations with Cuba and doesn't mind running some weird ops. I am no analyst so ... * shrugs* I think it may be a good guess.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Obviously it is who ever it is will benefit from stressing US and Canada relations with Cuba and doesn't mind running some weird ops. I am no analyst so ... * shrugs* I think it may be a good guess.
    Smells like commies.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smells like commies.
    Oligarchists... but yeah.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems reasonable. As such, I reject it out of hand.

OK, to add another layer of tinfoil....

Who benefits from the *perception* that Russia is behind this? Who wins if US and Russia are embroiled in conflict?

China seems like an obvious candidate- as well as any of the other BRICS nations, I suppose.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems reasonable. As such, I reject it out of hand.

OK, to add another layer of tinfoil....

Who benefits from the *perception* that Russia is behind this? Who wins if US and Russia are embroiled in conflict?

China seems like an obvious candidate- as well as any of the other BRICS nations, I suppose.
    China usually pulls more subtle bullshit. This maybe a direct but covert attack. I keep holding on to the idea that it was some snoopers incorrectly installed to a fluctuating and old power grid or just some kind of freak accident.

The whole dude has some brain damage now is just scary tho.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 2 12 Last