Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Welding helmet for the win.
    It was perhaps the most redneck thing I've done this year, and it worked great. Now, if I could just learn to wear long sleeves when I'm actually welding... between the spatter and the radiation, I always finish my projects looking like an extra in a nuclear holocaust movie.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It was perhaps the most redneck thing I've done this year, and it worked great. Now, if I could just learn to wear long sleeves when I'm actually welding... between the spatter and the radiation, I always finish my projects looking like an extra in a nuclear holocaust movie.
    Harbor Freight here locally had a run on the e14 welding masks ( I think it was e14? ) and literally ran out by thursday of last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Harbor Freight here locally had a run on the e14 welding masks ( I think it was e14? ) and literally ran out by thursday of last week.
    Wife and kids went to the local science museum - they had a NASA presenter, and boxes of free glasses.

Yeah, my hood is a Harbor Freight (https://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...ign-63122.html). It's way decent for the money, I think I dropped $30 on it, on sale. YMMV if you weld for a living, but for quick home fixes, it does the trick. Got their cheap wire welder, too, it says it has a duty cycle 20%, but I've gone way longer. Biggest use to date was replacing/reinforcing about 4 feet of my boat trailer - that was (8) 4-foot beads 11-gauge Ls to the cheap galv 16-gauge original, which was mostly rusted out. Did the whole thing in about 2 hours. Made-in-China FTW.

Style
    None
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had between 90 and 95% eclipse here. I watched it through my Lunt Ha solar telescope. Quite a few nice solar prominences were visible along the edge of the disk.
    The masters perfected Karate. What fool is there today that can step forward and perfect perfection -- From the introduction to the book "Shoto-Kan Karate-The Ultimate in Self-Defense" written by Peter Ventresca

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tomorrow, the damage assessment begins. Eyes across America.

I couldn't help but notice during the press coverage today how at least half the people just couldn't resist taking off the glasses or just not using any.

That's before we factor in all the people duped into buying fake glasses.

Trump looked at least three times before donning glasses. Blind AND stupid, with Barron also out and about with no protection...Melania wore hers with style from the very beginning.

What an omen that was.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
    Still no source, you fucking NAZI?

I'm going to go downvote every post of yours I can find on this site.
    Nazis never win.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen, right?

I know, obviously fake news...
    Is that from your phone? It got a little dark here, but that was it. I watched totality on CNN.com. It was totally fake.

I was reading about how the optics on some viewing equipment negate eye protections e.g. glasses or wielding shades. In general it's not recommended to view eclipses through traditional cameras, telescopes, etc even when using those.

I don't think there's much of a risk viewing an eclipse from the screen of a digital camera, since it's just a representation.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Is that from your phone? It got a little dark here, but that was it. I watched totality on CNN.com. It was totally fake.

I was reading about how the optics on some viewing equipment negate eye protections e.g. glasses or wielding shades. In general it's not recommended to view eclipses through traditional cameras, telescopes, etc even when using those.

I don't think there's much of a risk viewing an eclipse from the screen of a digital camera, since it's just a representation.
    That was through proper eclipse-viewing filter, hence, the darkness.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Tomorrow, the damage assessment begins. Eyes across America.

I couldn't help but notice during the press coverage today how at least half the people just couldn't resist taking off the glasses or just not using any.

That's before we factor in all the people duped into buying fake glasses.

Trump looked at least three times before donning glasses. Blind AND stupid, with Barron also out and about with no protection...Melania wore hers with style from the very beginning.

What an omen that was.
    Keep your political stuff out of normal threads, please.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 3 of 3 First 123