Page 7 of 9 First ... 3456789 Last

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    See posts #18 and #19 in this thread.

Besides there is just too much of this sort of thing to keep track of. I'm suspecting it's why no one has started a shitpost thread on the Ninja Death Match that ALMOST took place in Colorado a few weeks ago, between Ron Collins and Don Roley.

Watching their respective YouTube vids documenting their blood feud is almost too fucking hilarious. It's like a real life Celebrity Deathmatch pairing Barney Fife against George McFly.
    That wasn't a few weeks ago, that was last year.

Those videos are Black Dragon gold.

Didn't Ashida Kim actually try to sell copies of the showdown at one point? I'm sure I saw that somewhere.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    KGB rules all.
    Wikipedia is not the KGB.
    Wikipedia fails.

Psst.. I said nothing about the truth.
    Well, what is the nature of truth, after all? Do we have an epistemology thread?

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    8th dan is clearly undeserved/honorary, depending on how you look at it.
    That applies to many arts as well. I think the kendo and judo people may be the ones more exempt from it, but in karate circles, the dans keep piling up as recognition for sport politics activities, or just piling up the katas (and I dont want to get started on that).

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksennin View Post
    That applies to many arts as well. I think the kendo and judo people may be the ones more exempt from it, but in karate circles, the dans keep piling up as recognition for sport politics activities, or just piling up the katas (and I dont want to get started on that).
    Happens in Judo too...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are politics involved in kendo to be sure, but if you pass the 8th dan test in Japan, you are extremely skilled, no exceptions. There may be others who didn't pass who are better, but everybody that passes that test walks the walk better than I ever will.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksennin View Post
    Do we have an epistemology thread?
    If we don't I vote we keep it that way

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are politics involved in kendo to be sure, but if you pass the 8th dan test in Japan, you are extremely skilled, no exceptions. There may be others who didn't pass who are better, but everybody that passes that test walks the walk better than I ever will.
    Yeah, I think I saw this posted here before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPDAFqN74A

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    That wasn't a few weeks ago, that was last year.

Those videos are Black Dragon gold.

Didn't Ashida Kim actually try to sell copies of the showdown at one point? I'm sure I saw that somewhere.
    The seminar storming video with the BDFS goons is a year old, yes.

But, apparently those two are still going at one another, and there was more going on between the two of them as recently as a few weeks ago.

In context the videos are even more hilarious. After clearly recorded evidence Ron Collins unequivocally tucking dick, he posted the very video as evidence that his arch nemesis punked out. (Again, old news I know).

Apparently he drove there just a couple of weeks ago, but his death match didn't pan out. So him and Roley have been bitch fighting on YouTube ever since.

I don't know what Ashida Kim's involvement was, but I do know his name was mentioned a bit, as well as Frank Dux somehow.

Whenever I get REALLY bored, I check out the black dragon ninjitsu blog, just to see how Ron is handling the change to his meds.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    No that is Russian Dim Sum
    No, it is Russian Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As you know, unfortunately not same in Judo. Maybe in Japan, but I doubt so in every case.

I admire how Kendo requires rigorous testing even for high-dan.

Most judoka by time know enough for 8th dan can't perform at high level anymore, or at all, may be one difference.

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3456789 Last