Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Animated 1 minute explanation of Judo Rules

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkrIVMi6I5M

    By someone who has been watching too much minions.

  2. #2
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,874
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    Now with embedded action ... also repost you : long time supporter, highly intellegent,and such an awesome person I sometimes doubt you are an actually lawyer, fucking noob. (tho I can't find the original posting ... and now that I think about, I think it was buried in a thread somewhere. So whatever, I am just waving my undersized fake e-penis around just cause).

    Since the top comment is usually someone noted the rules have changed slightly since this video was made... but I can't remember which part... I think it is the 2 wazari = ippon. I am going to go a head and attempt to post that that bit of info so I am just not embedding it. Besides it makes the post look better. Like maybe it isn't a total **** post outside of the embedding for the lazy.

    I have spent the last far more hours than I care to admit digging into facebook "news" accounts, youtube accounts, and websites; matching content creators to content and then mapping its distribution. My mind is swiss cheese. I need a brain enema and a nap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  3. #3
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,829
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post


    Now with embedded action ... also repost you : long time supporter, highly intellegent,and such an awesome person I sometimes doubt you are an actually lawyer, fucking noob. (tho I can't find the original posting ... and now that I think about, I think it was buried in a thread somewhere. So whatever, I am just waving my undersized fake e-penis around just cause).

    Since the top comment is usually someone noted the rules have changed slightly since this video was made... but I can't remember which part... I think it is the 2 wazari = ippon. I am going to go a head and attempt to post that that bit of info so I am just not embedding it. Besides it makes the post look better. Like maybe it isn't a total **** post outside of the embedding for the lazy.

    I have spent the last far more hours than I care to admit digging into facebook "news" accounts, youtube accounts, and websites; matching content creators, content and then mapping its distribution. My mind is swiss cheese. I need a brain enema and a nap.
    Correct, 2 wazari no longer equal ippon. There is no yuko score anymore. Throws (or pins) formerly scored as yuko are scored as wazari now.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #4
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,064
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Correct, 2 wazari no longer equal ippon. There is no yuko score anymore. Throws (or pins) formerly scored as yuko are scored as wazari now.
    Haven't been doing much judo lately, didn't know that was implemented. I had heard that was coming, though. I would have preferred they got rid of yuko altogether like they did koka if they were going to get rid of it at all.

  5. #5
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,556
    Style
    Jits
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    By someone who has been watching too much minions.
    Banana?

    BTW, search function, noob.

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,829
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Haven't been doing much judo lately, didn't know that was implemented. I had heard that was coming, though. I would have preferred they got rid of yuko altogether like they did koka if they were going to get rid of it at all.
    There is no yuko, but I get what you mean. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it worked pretty well. Criteria for ippon have been tightened up a bit as well, which is a good thing IMO.

    I also saw a lot less playing to win with penalties, although that has not totally been banished from the tactical repertoire.

    More time for ne waza as well.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,064
    Style
    Kendo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    There is no yuko, but I get what you mean. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it worked pretty well. Criteria for ippon have been tightened up a bit as well, which is a good thing IMO.

    I also saw a lot less playing to win with penalties, although that has not totally been banished from the tactical repertoire.

    More time for ne waza as well.
    Speaking of nationals, one of our kids got U16 judoka of the year at the awards banquet. Same one that won the elite u18 tournament.

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,829
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Speaking of nationals, one of our kids got U16 judoka of the year at the awards banquet. Same one that won the elite u18 tournament.
    He trains at the YMCA, correct? I think one of my students will be trying to get in some training there this month.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,064
    Style
    Kendo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    He trains at the YMCA, correct? I think one of my students will be trying to get in some training there this month.
    Yeah, we can't take all the credit: he started with us and competes under our club name, but most of his high performance coaching has been through the Y and the provincial coaches. Of course now he is getting national level attention/coaching. His younger brother is also very good: they both took 3rd in their divisions at nationals.

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,829
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Yeah, we can't take all the credit: he started with us and competes under our club name, but most of his high performance coaching has been through the Y and the provincial coaches. Of course now he is getting national level attention/coaching. His younger brother is also very good: they both took 3rd in their divisions at nationals.
    Wasn't dissing his training at your place, just making sure it's the same kid.

    Yeah, my student will be there later this month, according to his Dad. His family is from Sask, and he is working for his Dad. They have a job in Sask. He trained there at the Y with both brothers a few times either earlier this year (Christmas?) or last summer, can't remember which.

    I'm guessing your guy will be at the NTC Judo School July 30th too.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in