Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Style
    Muay Thai/Jiu-Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    What strategies and techniques have you and your coach been working for the last year and a half to help solve this problem?
    Before we can go any further that should be covered in depth.
    Footwork, Footwork, Footwork. Working on cutting angles, and head movement. Basically working on how to dance in and out,using agility and head movement to create angles, and get out before the bigger guy can swing.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You Kickboxing or doing Muay Thai?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMHO One of the advantages of being the shorter fighter that never gets mentioned, is that a straight punch to the face or chin is a little more effective when its slightly upward from underneath compared to slightly downward from above. It rocks the head back more, creating vulnerability and whiplash.

Style
    Muay Thai/Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You Kickboxing or doing Muay Thai?
    Muay Thai

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corzer View Post
    Muay Thai
    If you're serious about getting some help let's see some footage. If you have been training MT for a year and a half and they are teaching you to dance in and out of the pocket, not utilize the clinch, using head movement to create angles, and then you are telling people just to stand and kick how ever it works for them in a different thread discussing boxing and MT footwork (quoted below)...I am going to need some actual video to make sure we get on the same page because I have no idea what I am suppose to be working with here.

Quote Originally Posted by Corzer View Post
    My consensus was always that a so called "Side-On" stance allows great lateral movement, but can leave the back of the leg exposed to kicks. But really it's all up to what works for you, if something works, stick with it. People can generate power with all kinds of stances.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do bicep curls to make your arms bigger so you can punch harder.

It doesn't how heavy you are in general so long as your arms are big.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Do bicep curls to make your arms bigger so you can punch harder.

It doesn't how heavy you are in general so long as your arms are big.
    Came here just to see this. Was not disappointed.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quit being small. That **** is embarrassing.

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be very interested to hear Crafty Dog or another expert HTH weapon stylist speak to how size differentials may, in their expert opinion, be affected when you have the benefit of stick in hand against a larger individual in a Kali Tudo or HEMA style environment.
    I expect Crafty would point you towards the experience of Lonely Dog, who is about 5'6" or perhaps a little shorter (I'm 5'8" and he's shorter than me - that much I know). His footwork is first rate, and is all about staying outside of striking range until you choose to enter. I'll be trying it out at the Canadian Gathering in two weeks, and I'll let you know how well it worked for me.

Style
    MMA,BJJ, Gongkwon Yusul
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2M32B7BtxA not MT, and probably mainly applies to overcoming reach advantage, not so much weight advantage, but could still be helpful. (I reccommend the channel in general btw).

general tips I've heard are to stay out of range until your opponent tries to engage, and close the distance as they do so. I've heard overhands are particularly good against both taller and stronger opponents. on the clinching side of things, if they're taller double underhooks tends to be pretty easy to get. they teach throws from double-under in MT right? I'm trying to think of something to help you against someone not necessarily taller, but heavier and stronger, but I personally struggle to do anything in that situation aside from pull guard, which is obviously not an option in MT. Just try to avoid clinching with those people I guess?

edit: of course, against someone shorter but heavier it's always an option to try to avoid the clinch and beat them at long range.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last