Page 13 of 21 First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last
  1. #121

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    He had at least one roommate/house mate which would have complicated that approach.

    The Profiling Project Report claims that the killer was most likely a "serial murderer" aka a serial killer because of their sophistication and ability to "sanitize" the crime scene of spent casings. I challenged that premise in my write up, and discussed a bit the problem with the serial murderer hypothesis.

    1) The PP didn't identify any other likely victims, so they have no evidence this killing was part of a multiple killing spree.

    2) Seth did not belong to any of the typical groups of victims that serial killers prey on. There is no proof he was involved in organized crime and would attract a hit man from that world. He was not a teen runaway, a sex worker, a gay man living the cruising lifestyle, a hitch-hiker, a woman, (unfortunately you get an occasional Ted Bundy who targets women with no obvious risk factors), a child who could be victimized by a child predator, or an illegal immigrant being exploited for his labor.

    So the PP really has no obvious justification for that claim.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    multiple killing sequence would be more accurate then the term "spree" which is often used to discuss multiple killings compressed into a short period of time.

  3. #123
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    He had at least one roommate/house mate which would have complicated that approach.

    The Profiling Project Report claims that the killer was most likely a "serial murderer" aka a serial killer because of their sophistication and ability to "sanitize" the crime scene of spent casings. I challenged that premise in my write up, and discussed a bit the problem with the serial murderer hypothesis.

    1) The PP didn't identify any other likely victims, so they have no evidence this killing was part of a multiple killing spree.

    2) Seth did not belong to any of the typical groups of victims that serial killers prey on. There is no proof he was involved in organized crime and would attract a hit man from that world. He was not a teen runaway, a sex worker, a gay man living the cruising lifestyle, a hitch-hiker, a woman, (unfortunately you get an occasional Ted Bundy who targets women with no obvious risk factors), a child who could be victimized by a child predator, or an illegal immigrant being exploited for his labor.

    So the PP really has no obvious justification for that claim.
    Revolver may have been used...until police report is released we won't know what caliber/round was used, assuming they recovered bullets.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #124
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,569
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    White work van with stolen tags? Good luck with your trace. Perhaps magnet signs for the business they stole the tag from?
    Not that ODing them is a trackable either,But as we wax philosophical about waxing dudes. .. it becomes clear that pumping slugs in someone on a public Rd is not the preferred method for getting away with murder. Tons of variables that can't always be counted on and it's noisey/messy.

    Fishing.





    I'm still cracking up about the professional killer that sanitized the scene but left the victim conscious and breathing.
    Mark of a pro for sure!

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    There are a lot of tall tales being spun in this thread, and none of them have anything to do with what really happened to Seth.

    You guys are falling into the same old traps. It's not real life, it's just fantasy.

    I only hope that when I die from choking on a ham sandwich, somebody makes up an epic conspiracy theory about it.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Storytelling at its best.

    Few people are willing to put their heads with Seth dying in a hospital, just another victim of street crime.

    They're more interested in stories about ninjas and Dexters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Fishing.





    I'm still cracking up about the professional killer that sanitized the scene but left the victim conscious and breathing.
    Mark of a pro for sure!

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    2
    Or backfist monkey could move the non-topical posts to another thread.

  8. #128
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,255
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Or backfist monkey could move the non-topical posts to another thread.
    Missing posts live here now
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    2
    I found the 83 page "Final" report of the profiling project on their PR agencies website. This report contains additional material to the 45 page report that was initially distributed to the media. I'm going to examine both and outline the additional content in a future post.

    http://thepublicityagency.com/wp-con...2017-FINAL.pdf

    For those interested in seeing Jack Burkman's letter of thanks to the Student Association for Forensic Psychology it can be found here.

    http://thepublicityagency.com/wp-con...U-students.pdf

    It was sent to Ms. Brittani Blanchard, and is dated July 3, 2007.

    Lutz Line: "While the work has so far not led to identifying a killer or killers, the 80 page report revealed new information about the high profile crime and exposed questionable police conclusions and practices. I hope and trust the findings, and the additional steps the Project continues to take, will bring the community many steps closer to finding the truth of what happened [to] Seth."

    Note: Jack got the page count of the final report wrong.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    288
    Style
    Karate
    3
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...ers/491871001/
    On a different murder, but along some of the same ideas and problems mentioned in the thread earlier -- the problem of "armchair sleuthing" on the internet. In this case, the Indiana State Police found that sleuthing discussions of Facebook were creating a problem for them. Crowd sourcing is an analytical method, but it may not always provide the solution or improve identifying the solution.

Page 13 of 21 First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in