Page 12 of 21 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,409
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt there are any official standard tables for that, but it is absolutely not unreasonable to assume that multiple shots may have been fired in ire or panic, considering breechloaders are less common than semiautomatics on t3h str33tz.

    The point stands and remains the most likely scenario unless proven otherwise by highly credible 4chan investigators.

  2. #112
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    So, how many shots before it's no longer a mistake?
    Doesn't really matter. If the first one was a mistake now he's gotta make sure he doesn't make anymore noise I would gather. Dead men tell no tales as they say.
    I grew up around not nice people. This sort of **** happens pretty frequently. Why don't you Google "muggings/robbery gone wrong". There will be thousands of scenes like this one.

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,409
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact, if this was indeed a targeted assassination, why fire ONLY two shots and risk Mr. Rich going "It was Hillary wot did me in arrggharrrrghhh" to the police? Why not fire everything you had to make sure?

    Furthermore, according to wiki, police were on the scene one minute after the shots were fired, meaning that getting the **** away was indeed the most sensible strategy for a would-be mugger rather than going through a dying man's pockets.

  4. #114
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    The shot in the back argument is one of two facts used to support the argument that this was something other then a botched robbery. The second fact is that Seth did not have any of his valuables removed. On the other side of the argument, are statements made by his parents at a press conference that he had bruises on his hands and face, and that his watch band was torn. Of course, given the situation, I'm not going to follow up by trying to clarify how they knew this. For example were they told this information by police, or did they find this out by examining Seth's body prior to the funeral? I assume the police are still keeping his watch and watchband as evidence.

    If they were roughing Seth up, and trying to remove his watch, he may have decided to run for it, at which point his robber or robbers (non-mensa candidates) may have simply panicked and shot him in the back. I know that robbers typically like to keep their victims alive so they don't get charged with murder, but mistakes happen and it may have been his misfortune to draw some idiots who were angry that he was resisting.

    Since I don't have the autopsy reports, and all the other information this is conjecture. But I don't think being shot in the back proves or disproves that this was a botched robbery since there are multiple ways Seth could have had his back turned towards one robber, or especially one of two robbers, if there were two, as his parents claim.
    He may have gotten a good look at them somehow as well, good enough to ID them if he was alive.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #115
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    In fact, if this was indeed a targeted assassination, why fire ONLY two shots and risk Mr. Rich going "It was Hillary wot did me in arrggharrrrghhh" to the police? Why not fire everything you had to make sure?

    Furthermore, according to wiki, police were on the scene one minute after the shots were fired, meaning that getting the **** away was indeed the most sensible strategy for a would-be mugger rather than going through a dying man's pockets.
    j

    I would think professionals would use a suppressed weapon. That's how it works in the movies, anyway...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason the police were on the scene so fast was because they have a gunfire sound detection system in Washington D.C. which attempts to pinpoint the location of suspected gunfire and then direct police cruisers to the scene of such shootings. (they installed it because of their appalling high rate of murders). This system is public knowledge and may have resulted in the murder(s) running rather then sticking around to remove valuables from Seth as he lay on the ground.

  7. #117
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    j

    I would think professionals would use a suppressed weapon. That's how it works in the movies, anyway...
    No body, no murder? I would think real pros would just make him fall off the face of the Earth. How easy would it be to jog up next to some desk jockey and throw him in a van? I would guess crazy easy.

  8. #118
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Whose morals, BKR's?

    HE probably deserved it.
    Banning BKR is like kicking a Quoka. It's foolishness of the first order.

  9. #119
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    No body, no murder? I would think real pros would just make him fall off the face of the Earth. How easy would it be to jog up next to some desk jockey and throw him in a van? I would guess crazy easy.
    I agree.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #120
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    No body, no murder? I would think real pros would just make him fall off the face of the Earth. How easy would it be to jog up next to some desk jockey and throw him in a van? I would guess crazy easy.
    I don't know their are a number of issues with using a van they are very traceable. I think killing someone at home seems to be the best answer, ODing them on heroin would be ideal.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 12 of 21 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in