Page 6 of 34 First ... 234567891016 ... Last
  1. #51
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,870
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The Kardashian crew are all republicans. Kim Kanye and Caitlin.....
    I wouldn't know.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #52
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,799
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's tough to answer because it's so open-ended, so I'll go a different route.

    I'd start by saying outlets that give debate questions to one team, who cry on air when one team loses, and you are constantly posting stories based on "anonymous sources" that never come to pass, they don't qualify as credible.

    Do you agree or disagree with that statement?
    Bullshit.
    "Which news sources are credible outlets?"
    Is not open ended, it is a question which you should easily be able to answer. Your inability to answer it is only due to your trolling and pretend ignorance.
    Let's answer the direct and specific question before you move on to more disinformation and distraction please.

    How about I make it easier for you.
    "Which news sources do you think are credible outlets?"
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/19/2017 7:34pm at .
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Stupid people make stupid remarks, whether trans or Republican?
    Not really "stupid". Incendiary, or satirically morbid are better words, imho. Like my joke about "out of left field". NA, that was stupid.

    This speech was to future GOP leaders. They cheered. Blood and guns, baby, is what built 'Merica.

    College kids love this sort of ****, they get to see an exhibit.

    In this case, it's not the joke that bothered me, but the roar of approval about a shooting.

    NOW is not the time to pretend this violence is a liberal thing. Liberals and conservatives need to come together.

    Ted Nugent is ten times the man Newt Gingrich is. How's that for some red-state, Texas Chainsaw Massacre chili for you, Newt? IF Ted Nugent can tone it down, so can you.

    Calling for civility, Ted Nugent explains why he once told Obama to ‘suck on my machine gun.’

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eful-rhetoric/

    after Wednesday's shooting at a congressional baseball practice, Nugent has decided to be “more selective with my rants and in my words.”

    At the tender age of 69, my wife has convinced me I just can’t use those harsh terms,” he said on the 77 WABC radio program Thursday. “I cannot and will not and I encourage even my friends, slash, enemies on the left, in the Democrat and liberal world, that we have got to be civil to each other.

    I'm not going to engage in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore.
    For the record I've always had a lot of faith in Ted Nugent.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/19/2017 10:21pm at .

  4. #54
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,477
    Style
    xingyi
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    CNN's election coverage when it became apparent Hillary had lost. I wonder how many boxes of Kleenex they went through that night and the following morning.

    Epic
    A half ton less than FOX, when Obama won his second term.

    Anyway, a bunch of you missed the point of BKR's earlier post. The facts aren't the problem, it is the bullshit around them (rhetoric) which causes all of the societal distress. If you don't think it affects your thinking, arguments and how you interact in society you are part of the problem in America.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Some background from Rolling Stone:

    Ted Nugent Threatens to Kill Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton During Vicious Onstage Rant

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-rant-20070824



    The road I cruise is a bitch now baby
    You know you can't turn me 'round
    Yeah and if a house gets in my way
    You know I'll burn it down

    You remember the night that you left me
    You put me in my place
    I got you in a stranglehold now baby
    Last night I crushed your face
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/19/2017 10:24pm at .

  6. #56
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear earlier? Go **** yourself.
    Gotcha

    The depth of your intellect is childish insults.

    Good to know you're a waste of time.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  7. #57
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    I really didn't want to jump in to this discussion, but I am gonna go ahead and say bullshit here.
    What specifically do you say is "bullshit"?

    Please be specific.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  8. #58
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You really don't know?
    I asked you for a reason.

    Quit bogging down the discussion and just address it.

    You asserted I presented fake news.
    Cite examples of me presenting "fake news"

    You also said I defined "moderate"
    While you're at it, show me where I defined "moderate".

    I'm not addressing the rest of your obfuscation until we get your strawman arguments out of the way.

    Once you can show me saying what you claim I said or retract it, then we move on.

    So the ball is in your court as to how this proceeds.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  9. #59
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Bullshit.
    "Which news sources are credible outlets?"
    Is not open ended, it is a question which you should easily be able to answer. Your inability to answer it is only due to your trolling and pretend ignorance.
    Of course it's open ended. There are literally thousands of news outlets. You want a list listing each one I find credible?????

    As I said, it's much easier to list the few we know lost credibility by repeatedly citing fake news, cheerleading for one team, helping one team win, crying on air when their guy/gal loses, etc.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    237
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What specifically do you say is "bullshit"?

    Please be specific.
    The fact that you cannot define clearly what a credible source for you is.
    There are only 2 possible reasons for this:
    1. You are not smart enough to know what credible means. That's why I listed several known credible sources for you to look at so you could figure it out.

    2. You are being deliberately disingenuous to avoid confronting your bias and misunderstanding about how news works. This seems more likely, which is why me and BFM said "Bullshit".

Page 6 of 34 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in