Page 12 of 28 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What's one more strawman for good measure.
    Not a strawman.

    You clearly don't know what a straw man even is, so you just call everything a straw man (in fact you've used that claim about 30 times since the other thread started).

    That way, you don't have to address challenges. You thought NewsFakes.com was credible enough to support your bullshit claim that Politifact (a Pulitzer Prize news org) was not credible because they had to change a rating??

    That's not an opinion...you actually did that.

    You even smeared Rolling Stone, predictably. Why do you think I posted Rolling Stone? They are one of the most respected periodicals in American history.

    But you said
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    They are serious fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Actually that's your opinion.

    But hey, you're the intellectual here who never concedes a point.
    I don't "concede points" unless presented with facts or evidence. You want me to concede that CNN and Politifact and Rolling Stone aren't credible orgs? No.

    I don't come to Bullshido for debate. I could give a **** about your poorly thought out "arguments" or desire to have a debate or flood the thread with your claims of erudite logic and endless blabbing about logic when your FACTS don't line up.

    It's not JUST my opinion that CNN is moderate. They are, by definition, politically moderate. That is NOT an extraordinary claim. I can back this up with polling statistics too. YOUR opinion is that CNN is not moderate, or credible, and Politifact is not moderate or credible...is a lie, based on no evidence presented. In fact, evidence points to the contrary.

    Even so, you've tried to prove this by posting fake news, suggesting retracted stories are a sign of non-credible news, and that mistakes in reporting are proof they are not trustworthy. You've smeared CNN, Politifact, and even Rolling Stone in the same way. That's quite a small corner you've painted yourself into.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    My failure rate is 0%. So yes, it technically can only go up.

    I made a claim that was I asked to source and I sourced it, TWICE to boot.

    Where's the failure??
    What you sourced doesn't support your actual claim. Definitely not the first time, and not the second either.

    I think you forgot what your claims was (now: are):

    -CNN is not moderate (because a DNC activist leaked some info once, and Van Jones cried)
    -Politifact is not credible (because they quoted John Kerry once and assumed he was correct)
    -Rolling Stone is fake news (because one of their reporters got rolled with a fake story).

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Again, your opinion.

    If I'm not wanted, get me banned. Til then, pound sand.
    There's nothing wrong with posting opinions. Almost EVERYTHING you've posted has been an opinion. Opinions aren't right/wrong...so it's weird you want anyone to "concede" to your opinion.

    The only thing you've posted that's not an opinion was, ironically, a Politifact story that they had to fix by this much > <.

    Now you're crying about the banhammer. How about this, like I said let's go right back to your original claims about Politifact.

    The purpose of fake news is to regress trust in organizations (left or right, but moderate) like Politifact and CNN. That's why Trump calls CNN "fake news" (hell, to him the whole press corps is fake news), and you call Politifact fake as well.

    I'll start. Here's the same story Politifact update story you used to challenge their credibility, this time from the Washington Free Beacon, a very conservative partisan site that still walks the fine line of accuracy.

    http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...mical-weapons/

    Fact-checking website PolitiFact on Wednesday retracted a 2014 article that found it "Mostly True" the Obama administration helped broker a deal that successfully removed "100 percent" of chemical weapons from Syria.

    "We struck a deal where we got 100 percent of the chemical weapons out," then-Secretary of State John Kerry said on NBC's "Meet the Press" in July 2014. Kerry was referring to a deal the U.S. and Russia struck in September 2013 in which the Russians agreed to help confiscate and then destroy Syria's entire chemical weapons stockpile.

    When making its ruling, PolitiFact cited a statement from Ahmet Üzümcü, director general of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.

    "The last of the remaining chemicals identified for removal from Syria were loaded this afternoon aboard the Danish ship Ark Futura," Üzümcü said in June 2014.

    In the end, PolitiFact called Kerry's claim "Mostly True" because there were still discrepancies between how many chemical weapons Syria claimed to have and how many outside observers claimed the country had.

    "There are still 12 former chemical weapon production facilities which need to be destroyed," one human rights worker told the site.

    Nearly three years after Kerry's comment, a chemical weapons attack devastated a rebel-controlled village in northern Syria, killing somewhere between 70 and 100 noncombatants, including dozens of children. The United States has fingered Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as the perpetrator of the attack.

    The next day, PolitiFact pulled its earlier fact-check "because we now have many unanswered questions."

    "We don't know key details about the reported chemical attack in Syria on April 4, 2017, but it raises two clear possibilities: Either Syria never fully complied with its 2013 promise to reveal all of its chemical weapons; or it did, but then converted otherwise non-lethal chemicals to military uses," the site wrote.

    "One way or another, subsequent events have proved Kerry wrong," PolitiFact concluded.

    Conclusion: Politifact is Pulitzer a Prize-winning, slightly left of center but moderate, and credible online media outlet.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/21/2017 12:55pm at .

  2. #112
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,326
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    As a general rule if your source of information has ever sued the U.S. Government for the right to lie to its citizens' purposely, it is fake news. Now that Fox News is covered....
    That is false, and a political talking point to boot.

    Liberal-leaning Snopes refuted that one:

    "Rumors have circulated since at least 2009 claiming that the Fox News cable television channel fought successfully in court for the right to lie, misinform, or deceive viewers. The claim that Fox News legally won the “right to lie” has been repeated across the internet despite its being factually inaccurate on more than one level.

    First, the case from which the rumor stemmed resulted in a Florida appeals court ruling in February 2003, not 2004. More germane to the rumor, however, is the fact that the case at hand did not involve the national Fox News cable channel (the case substantially predates the Fox News cable channel’s current 24-hour coverage), but rather a local Tampa Bay television station (WTVT) that was an affiliate station of the Fox network.

    Additionally, the events that led up to the “Fox lies” case were not about the station’s day-to-day programming; rather, the legal battle to which the rumor refers was about a husband-and-wife reporting team (Jane Aker and Steve Wilson) who objected to being involved in an unaired story about bovine growth hormones (BGH) due to what the pair believed was a corporate conflict of interest. The reporters claimed they had been unfairly terminated from their jobs for “resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story”:

    In September 1997, WTVT notified Akre and Wilson that it was exercising its option to terminate their employment contracts without cause. Akre and Wilson responded in writing to WTVT threatening to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) alleging that the station had “illegally” edited the still unfinished BGH report in violation of an FCC policy against federally licensed broadcasters deliberately distorting the news. The parties never resolved their differences regarding the content of the story, and consequently, the story never aired.

    In April 1998, Akre and Wilson sued WTVT alleging, among other things, claims under the whistle-blower’s statute. Those claims alleged that their terminations had been in retaliation for their resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story and for threatening to report the alleged news distortion to the FCC. Akre also brought claims for declaratory relief and for breach of contract. After a four-week trial, a jury found against Wilson on all of his claims. The trial court directed a verdict against Akre on her breach of contract claim, Akre abandoned her claim for declaratory relief, and the trial court let her whistle-blower claims go to the jury. The jury rejected all of Akre’s claims except her claim that WTVT retaliated against her in response to her threat to disclose the alleged news distortion to the FCC. The jury awarded Akre $425,000 in damages.

    Another common misconception is that Fox News invoked First Amendment protections in order to retain the “right to lie” during the lengthy legal battle between the couple and the Florida Fox affiliate. There was no mention of any such claim in the appeals court decision, and Akre herself does not corroborate it. Ultimately, the FCC concluded in 2007 that the conflict between Akre and Wilson and the affiliate boiled down to an “editorial dispute … rather than a deliberate effort by [WTVT] to distort news.”

    The “right to lie” claims are similar to another false story about Fox News’ trustworthiness, that the network was banned in Canada because it does not meet stringent Canadian broadcast standards for truthfulness."

    Source:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  3. #113
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,326
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    My first contribution took only to a hop, skip, and jump to NewsFakes.com, a site a certain BS member I won't name decided was THE place to go to get proof that relatively trustworthy news sites weren't "credible".
    What a liar you are.

    I said none of that. And when you said that source was not acceptable, I simply cited a different source saying the exact same thing. And yet you keep beating this dead horse for all the Gotcha! points you can.

    And you didn't even have the honesty to cite me by name. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  4. #114

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next topic: your example of "seriously fake news"...is the magazine that essentially transformed American journalism.

    Rolling Stone at 50: How Hunter S. Thompson Became a Legend
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...legend-w475222

    In January 1970, Hunter S. Thompson wrote Jann S. Wenner a letter praising Rolling Stone's definitive coverage of the disastrous Altamont festival. "[Print's] a hell of a good medium by any standard, from Hemingway to the Airplane," Thompson wrote. "Don't **** it up with pompous bullshit; the demise of RS would leave a nasty hole." A bond was formed, and over the next 30 years, Thompson would do much to redefine journalism in the pages of the magazine. He lived and wrote on the edge in a style that would come to be called Gonzo journalism. That term captured his lifestyle, but it didn't really do justice to Thompson's command of language, his fearless reporting or his fearsome intellect.

  5. #115
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,326
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Not a strawman.
    You know what, since you're too stupid to read, let's try another way.

    You tell me, in your own words, what is a strawman fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You thought NewsFakes.com was credible enough to support your bullshit claim that Politifact (a Pulitzer Prize news org) was not credible because they had to change a rating??

    That's not an opinion...you actually did that.
    Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    They are one of the most respected periodicals in American history.
    Yet they are paying out millions for smearing people with fake news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I don't "concede points" unless presented with facts or evidence.
    So Joe was correct, you've never conceded a point on here.

    I figured as such, hence me asking for examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I don't come to Bullshido for debate. I could give a **** about your poorly thought out "arguments" or desire to have a debate or flood the thread with your claims of erudite logic and endless blabbing about logic when your FACTS don't line up.
    Well you suck at it, so I can see why'd you say that.

    If you're not debating, why are you matching me post for post??
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What a liar you are.

    I said none of that. And when you said that source was not acceptable, I simply cited a different source saying the exact same thing. And yet you keep beating this dead horse for all the Gotcha! points you can.

    And you didn't even have the honesty to cite me by name. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.
    I knew you'd cite yourself. It's not dishonest, it's knowing what your agenda is. Everything else, YOU will drop into place.

    Your sources don't support your assertions. Period.

  7. #117
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,326
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Hmm mm seems like an opinion,no?
    Nope.

    They retracted the story/claim just as I said they did.

    What's so hard to grasp here guys???

    You guys call outlets who pick sides and help one Party "credible". That's your opinion.
    I dont, and that's my opinion.

    Let's agree to disagree.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  8. #118
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,882
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That is false, and a political talking point to boot.

    Liberal-leaning Snopes refuted that one:

    "Rumors have circulated since at least 2009 claiming that the Fox News cable television channel fought successfully in court for the right to lie, misinform, or deceive viewers. The claim that Fox News legally won the “right to lie” has been repeated across the internet despite its being factually inaccurate on more than one level.

    First, the case from which the rumor stemmed resulted in a Florida appeals court ruling in February 2003, not 2004. More germane to the rumor, however, is the fact that the case at hand did not involve the national Fox News cable channel (the case substantially predates the Fox News cable channel’s current 24-hour coverage), but rather a local Tampa Bay television station (WTVT) that was an affiliate station of the Fox network.

    Additionally, the events that led up to the “Fox lies” case were not about the station’s day-to-day programming; rather, the legal battle to which the rumor refers was about a husband-and-wife reporting team (Jane Aker and Steve Wilson) who objected to being involved in an unaired story about bovine growth hormones (BGH) due to what the pair believed was a corporate conflict of interest. The reporters claimed they had been unfairly terminated from their jobs for “resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story”:

    In September 1997, WTVT notified Akre and Wilson that it was exercising its option to terminate their employment contracts without cause. Akre and Wilson responded in writing to WTVT threatening to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) alleging that the station had “illegally” edited the still unfinished BGH report in violation of an FCC policy against federally licensed broadcasters deliberately distorting the news. The parties never resolved their differences regarding the content of the story, and consequently, the story never aired.

    In April 1998, Akre and Wilson sued WTVT alleging, among other things, claims under the whistle-blower’s statute. Those claims alleged that their terminations had been in retaliation for their resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story and for threatening to report the alleged news distortion to the FCC. Akre also brought claims for declaratory relief and for breach of contract. After a four-week trial, a jury found against Wilson on all of his claims. The trial court directed a verdict against Akre on her breach of contract claim, Akre abandoned her claim for declaratory relief, and the trial court let her whistle-blower claims go to the jury. The jury rejected all of Akre’s claims except her claim that WTVT retaliated against her in response to her threat to disclose the alleged news distortion to the FCC. The jury awarded Akre $425,000 in damages.

    Another common misconception is that Fox News invoked First Amendment protections in order to retain the “right to lie” during the lengthy legal battle between the couple and the Florida Fox affiliate. There was no mention of any such claim in the appeals court decision, and Akre herself does not corroborate it. Ultimately, the FCC concluded in 2007 that the conflict between Akre and Wilson and the affiliate boiled down to an “editorial dispute … rather than a deliberate effort by [WTVT] to distort news.”

    The “right to lie” claims are similar to another false story about Fox News’ trustworthiness, that the network was banned in Canada because it does not meet stringent Canadian broadcast standards for truthfulness."

    Source:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp
    Reading comprehension is just one of your many weak points.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  9. #119
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,326
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You've been alleging willful fabrication of the news on the part of Politifact and CNN.
    Um, no.

    But hey, you gotta keep up the strawman production.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You used a fake news site to hedge that, and now you're STILL backpedaling into the realm of gish gallops and logical fallacies, completely unwilling to address your own myriad.
    Um, no.

    I've not back-peddled whatsoever.

    PolitFact had to retract their claim that Syria got rid of it's chemical weapons. And that was exactly what I said and you guys challenged me to source.

    I then sourced it, twice. Once from PolitiFact themselves!!!!

    It is what it is.


    I'll quit calling strawmen when you guys quit creating them.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  10. #120
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,882
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Also: Rayce was the only person to catch the fake Fox News news I was promoting to see who was paying attention and actually fact checks what what they read.
    6/19/2017 12:44pm,
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/19/2017 12:46pm


    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Which news sources do you find credible?
    So unil you answer the simple question above the conversation can go no further. Even a simpleton like you can list a single source.

    Right?
    Last edited by Christmas Spirit; 6/21/2017 1:09pm at . Reason: additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 12 of 28 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in