Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    224
    Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    What is your favorite rifle action ? Bolt, Semiauto,Pump or Single shot ?

    For myself, depends on why that I am shooting. Sometimes my AR10 but mostly bolt actions.I have a pump action rifle in .300 Savage it is a Remington Model 76 made in 1951 that I want to try out soon.

  2. #2
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    For myself, depends on why that I am shooting. Sometimes my AR10 but mostly bolt actions.I have a pump action rifle in .300 Savage it is a Remington Model 76 made in 1951 that I want to try out soon.
    I am requesting you to post a copy of your man card to verify your gender for taking so long to shoot that rifle.

    I hope you just bought it yesterday, in which case, OK, you get a pass for now...

    I like them all, although I have shot very few semi-auto centerfire rifles out side of a the Mini-30 and AK-47.

    I have a weakness for single shots, though, as I've hunted with one for a 3 decades now.


    If I could afford one...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,179
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remington 700 30-06 and Ruger 10/22 as they each have their purpose.
    Honorable mention to the Marlin 30/30 as I have a perpetual crush on lever action rifles of all kinds, and the 30-30 is a nice, plentiful, and relatively cheap general purpose round.
    If shotgun, I like the idea of side by sides, but in general, I would prefer a semi-auto shotgun for several reasons, not the least of which is I turn into more of a sissy everyday when it comes to my hands, shoulders, etc, etc.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 6/16/2017 10:49am at .

  4. #4
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    Noreen BN-36 30/06 . I (Y'all could too. it shoots like butter)can put 20 rounds on target(3 inch spread max) at 100 yards as fast as you can pull the trigger from a bench. They sell a 300 win mag conversation kit I am going to buy so I can shoot both out of it.

    My .308 Ruger American is a wonderful hunting rifle. Light and a full floated barrel that is an absolute tack driver. The action is super tight and feels great and we'll made.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/16/2017 11:23am at .

  5. #5
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Mossberg 500 12 ga. pump is a wonderful tool. If you could only own 1 gun ,that'd be the one to have. You would be set for bunnies to buffalo.

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The Mossberg 500 12 ga. pump is a wonderful tool. If you could only own 1 gun ,that'd be the one to have. You would be set for bunnies to buffalo.
    My kids love them in 20 gauge. Older boy wants to hunt with his with slugs for deer, elk, and bear. I told him about the difference between smoothbore slugs and rifled slugs. He will need to get to work this summer to make money to buy a rifled barrel if he wants that.

    I bought him some buckshot to try out, and the recoil didn't appear to bother him, so we have to find some smoothbore slugs next.

    Both of them slayed turkeys this spring as well. The 7.5 shot heavyshot loads are amazing in 20 gauge with a "turkey" choke...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post


    Noreen BN-36 30/06 . I (Y'all could too. it shoots like butter)can put 20 rounds on target(3 inch spread max) at 100 yards as fast as you can pull the trigger from a bench. They sell a 300 win mag conversation kit I am going to buy so I can shoot both out of it.

    My .308 Ruger American is a wonderful hunting rifle. Light and a full floated barrel that is an absolute tack driver. The action is super tight and feels great and we'll made.
    I recognize the utility of "black" rifles, however, I just can't get into them.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #8
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,066
    Style
    BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had an old Winchester 63, I always loved that gun. Found out in the back pasture of our ranch, along with an over/under 12 gauge. That one was mangled beyond repair, but my grandfather paid to have the 63 fully restored for me. Unfortunately, somebody stole it in a house robbery about 5 years later, but it was my constant companion when at the ranch. I'd like to try to get another one, someday.


  9. #9
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I am requesting you to post a copy of your man card to verify your gender for taking so long to shoot that rifle.

    I hope you just bought it yesterday, in which case, OK, you get a pass for now...

    I like them all, although I have shot very few semi-auto centerfire rifles out side of a the Mini-30 and AK-47.

    I have a weakness for single shots, though, as I've hunted with one for a 3 decades now.


    If I could afford one...
    Have you ever fired a .375 ruger? If so what do think about it.

    Have you ever shot a Mossberg rifle? If so what did you think about it.

  10. #10
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I recognize the utility of "black" rifles, however, I just can't get into them.
    I got that one for cost. It's a $2000 rifle and I got it for $500 bucks.
    Since I have no need to pretend I am a soldier.. I have alway put off buying an M4 because I don't like the little chunk of lead it throws. Now a semi-auto precision rifle in 30/06? well that I can get behind and had to take her home.
    The gas system is adjustable so you can shoot hot ass rounds out of it and turn the gas system up and down as needed to run the bolt. Recoil is ridiculously low out of it even with warm rounds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in