1. #1
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,357
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1

    Puerto Rico votes for statehood, again

    I say yes. There's nothing any more magical about 50 than 435. PR has over 5 times as many US citizens as Vermont or Wyoming, they need a truly representative voice in our government. Then, again, don't we all?

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-11-17-26-34

  2. #2
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,251
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    We should switch PR and Texas.
    Texas wanted to secede, we won't need to change flags or anything.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #3
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,357
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    We should switch PR and Texas.
    Texas wanted to secede, we won't need to change flags or anything.

    True story, I'm the dildo with the bumper sticker that reads "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,251
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    True story, I'm the dildo with the bumper sticker that reads "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"
    I am pretty sure that is self awareness not douchebaggery.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in