Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Well, to the extent it's somebody's fault, you have a concussed guy, a guy whose job it is to hit the other guy, and a guy whose job it is to keep the two from injuring each other. I'm not saying the ref is an idiot who should be fired, but the responsibility is more his than anybody's.
    Ehh, too black and white. The video shows there was no way the ref would have been able to get in between them. I can't fault the ref for that. With guns, we say that *you* are the douchebag responsible for every piece of lead you sling down range. The range officer is just there to make sure you don't accidentally kill anyone (or die trying).

Granted, it was Greeny's job to lob grenades, but it was also his moral imperative to stop doing so when the victory was clear. Instead, he dropped his opponent like a sack of wheat and then went all Bush-Mission-Accomplished.

TLDR: leave the ref alone.

(edit) The range officer is also there to give you a raincheck because you forgot to unload your concealment piece before entering the range.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    That said, those idiots need to be suspended/fined.
    Good news..

Glory to take legal action against fans for assaulting kickboxer after fight
    http://larrybrownsports.com/everythi...rown+Sports%29
    GLORY Kickboxing intends to take legal action against the fans who entered the ring after a fight concluded on Saturday and proceeded to assault the victorious fighter.

GLORY says Greonhart was not seriously injured during the attack. The 30-year-old is now 65-23-3 in his kickboxing career.[URL="http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/news/view/1363"]
    GLORY Official Statement
    http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/news/view/1363
    GLORY has the most passionate fans in the world; they are an absolutely crucial part of the live show experience and contribute to what makes our events so special.

Saturday night, two audience members at GLORY 42 Paris entered the ring and assaulted one of our athletes, Murthel Groenhart, following his knockout victory.

We are shocked and appalled by the behavior of these two individuals. Investigation into the identities of the assailants is ongoing, as we consider appropriate action organizationally.

GLORY takes the welfare of its athletes very seriously. As such, we intend to pursue the prosecution of these individuals – and any individuals who enter the ring without authorization and/or compromise the safety of our athletes in any fashion – to the fullest extent of the law. On Monday, our legal representation in France will officially lodge a complaint to the Paris prosecutor.

We are also happy to report that Murthel Groenhart was not significantly injured in the unprovoked attack.

This unfortunate situation will not overshadow what was a spectacular and successful night of fights by our athletes, staff, and fans. We look forward to our next event in New York City on July 14 and the opportunity to once again showcase the most exciting sport on the planet.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/12/2017 1:54pm at .

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Ehh, too black and white. The video shows there was no way the ref would have been able to get in between them. I can't fault the ref for that. With guns, we say that *you* are the douchebag responsible for every piece of lead you sling down range. The range officer is just there to make sure you don't accidentally kill anyone (or die trying).

Granted, it was Greeny's job to lob grenades, but it was also his moral imperative to stop doing so when the victory was clear. Instead, he dropped his opponent like a sack of wheat and then went all Bush-Mission-Accomplished.

TLDR: leave the ref alone.

(edit) The range officer is also there to give you a raincheck because you forgot to unload your concealment piece before entering the range.
    I haven't watched the video a lot, but I remember guy taking a few steps. As soons as he turned his back, he could have been considered out of the fight. Expectations change. Stoppages occur way sooner than years past. A few incidents like this, and you'll see the plug get pulled whenever a guy starts showing any sign of chasing squirrels.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I haven't watched the video a lot, but I remember guy taking a few steps. As soons as he turned his back, he could have been considered out of the fight. Expectations change. Stoppages occur way sooner than years past. A few incidents like this, and you'll see the plug get pulled whenever a guy starts showing any sign of chasing squirrels.
    I mean you really not suppose to stop until the ref or bell tell you to.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of Mayweather vs Ortiz.

In both videos one guy is just not paying attention and the other one ends it quick. That's boxing, for you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like he wasn't "not paying attention" in the above video. Mayweather just doesn't seem like a huggy person, and the little smooch probably didn't help his tempers any.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Looks like he wasn't "not paying attention" in the above video. Mayweather just doesn't seem like a huggy person, and the little smooch probably didn't help his tempers any.
    Double negatives hurt my eyes.

Ortiz wasn't paying enough attention because he had his hands down when the ref called time-in. He was overly huggy, so he might have been stalling. Or just being sportsmanlike, but it's like all of a sudden he had forgotten he was in a championship boxing match. Maybe that headbutt made him goofy for a few seconds.

Either way, it only took a split second for Mayweather to realize the opening...the ref called time in and was asking for the bell, the champ realized the fight was on and it only took two hits to put Ortiz out, who looked all of a sudden like he was surprised Floyd Mayweather was knocking him out.

If the match is still on, it's on. If there's a time-out and the ref calls time-in, it's not a time-out anymore, even if you're in the hugging mood, and if your hands are down and Floyd Mayweather is facing you, bonne nuit a la lune.

Perfectly legal, both KOs. I think boxing fans sometimes want to be boxers themselves, and get so heated they rush the ring. I hope the Paris prosecutor throws the book at these clowns.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/13/2017 3:51pm at .

Page 4 of 4 First 1234