Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I feel like no one told those people that the stray they rescued is a coyote.
    I was wondering...that is a strange looking dog, for sure.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #12
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Go to 4:31 or so, Yoko Geri (defense against), similar, but no biting...
    https://youtu.be/HMt57kVJhLE?t=4m33s
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post


    Asking for a friend.
    That's Aikido, if I'm not mistaken.

    I'm not kidding, I once saw a judo brown belt do this as a demonstration of Aikido, somewhere around 1997.

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,711
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    The quality isn't good but I think these are all variations of the same throw.


    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The quality isn't good but I think these are all variations of the same throw.
    LOL. throw.


  6. #16
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,348
    Style
    judo hiatus
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    That's Aikido, if I'm not mistaken.

    I'm not kidding, I once saw a judo brown belt do this as a demonstration of Aikido, somewhere around 1997.
    You are mistaken. Judo, with the exception of foot sweeps is about joining of center. Aikido is about, in general, separation and redirection of same. Admit defeat now or suffer redirection of yon post to the black field of trollshido. You have been corrected and thus warned of the inevitable if you persist with Google search.

  7. #17
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,699
    Style
    Jits
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Go to 4:31 or so, Yoko Geri (defense against), similar, but no biting...
    https://youtu.be/HMt57kVJhLE?t=4m33s
    Aikido's Ushiro-ate



    Probably in the Goshin Jutsu of Judo because Tomiki Kenji.

  8. #18
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,348
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Been there. Cowboy's have the real bulldog.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You are mistaken. Judo, with the exception of foot sweeps is about joining of center. Aikido is about, in general, separation and redirection of same. Admit defeat now or suffer redirection of yon post to the black field of trollshido. You have been corrected and thus warned of the inevitable if you persist with Google search.
    I will never yield YMAS to your chicanery. Brown belts are never ever wrong.

  10. #20
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You are mistaken. Judo, with the exception of foot sweeps is about joining of center. Aikido is about, in general, separation and redirection of same. Admit defeat now or suffer redirection of yon post to the black field of trollshido. You have been corrected and thus warned of the inevitable if you persist with Google search.
    Have you been doing those Okie toadstools again?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in