Style
    Studied many. No current.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need a good teacher/school (BOSTON)

I've been out of fighting shape for a good while now and need a good teacher/school to get back into it. Not looking for anything spiritual, or for a "good cardio workout". Just good old fashioned kill or hurt them as fast as possible and leave style. I was interested in Kali for the included knife fighting aspect and maybe silat? Open to anything that gets the job done.

Not sure if this is the right section to post. Tried posting in other areas but couldn't for some reason.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from MABS to a more appropriate forum.

Welcome, Plushy! We have some great representation in Boston, I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to recruit you.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushy2111 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section to post. Tried posting in other areas but couldn't for some reason.
    Weird.
    I wonder if that is user error or something funky.
    Let someone know if it continues to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sambo 7 in Woburn

Stop your search and go to Sambo 7 (www.sambo7.com) in Woburn and train with Andrei. In my clearly non-objective opinion he's one of the best Combat Sambo coaches in North America. He's got exactly what your looking for.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Redline in Cambridge used to have escrima, I assume there was a lack of interest. They do offer MMA/BJJ/MT/Sanda/wrestling/boxing plus chin na and chun (!?); their BJJ program is headed by Carlos Neto, a membership at Redline gives you full access to his gym as well. That's my choice when I am not crippled or lazy (ie not right now, but soon). Wai Kru and Sityodtong are perennial recommendations as well. A coworker's husband is an Instructor at BMAC, I haven't been in there. There are a bunch of other BJJ-centered schools, A BTT affiliate in Everett, Kimura (I LOL at the name though) downtown, and so on. BJJ is certainly not "knock 'em down and run," but a good grappler makes short work of a single opponent, they generally cross-train, and the old "you can't beat two people if you can't beat one" rule applies here. There is a Dog Brother somewhere around Woburn or so IIRC, but I haven't seen him teaching anywhere. Plenty of quality instruction around, such that you can factor in parking and ease of commute to your decision and not really lose anything.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Studied many. No current.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will look into all the places mentioned so far. Thanks guys!

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushy2111 View Post
    Will look into all the places mentioned so far. Thanks guys!
    You'll like Sambo 7. Tell Andrei that Dave in Detroit referred you.