How do you score in boxing?

If a boxer is knocked down, he loses a point. If a boxer is knocked down twice, he loses two points. If both fighters are knocked down, the knockdowns cancel each other out. While uncommon, if a fighter completely dominates a round but doesn't score a knockdown, a judge can still score that round 10-8.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    If you post nothing but stupid ****, you get banned.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    If you post nothing but stupid ****, you get banned.
    No, he was spamming some essay writing site. The barrage of wrong forum & low content threads were just a motivator for me to look more closely at his other posts.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    You hit the other guy.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    without getting hit yourself....The Art of Self Defence ;-)

Style
    Sportkarate and Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    without getting hit yourself....The Art of Self Defence ;-)
    Not getting hit and hitting your opponent once should make you win the round. It's a theory, but not all judges will see your one hit, but they may think your opponent hit you back when he barely touched you. I have been judging kickboxing fights before at WAKO and ISKA competitions and must say that in many cases it is very difficult to score a round when both fighters are on a similar level. The officials try to discourage judges from scoring draws and kind of force you to pick a winner for each round. This has caused a lot of horrible decisions where some judges had to explain themselves to the fighters, but nobody ever complained to the officials about their questionable policy that each round had to have a winner.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by kicksider View Post
    Not getting hit and hitting your opponent once should make you win the round. It's a theory, but not all judges will see your one hit, but they may think your opponent hit you back when he barely touched you. I have been judging kickboxing fights before at WAKO and ISKA competitions and must say that in many cases it is very difficult to score a round when both fighters are on a similar level. The officials try to discourage judges from scoring draws and kind of force you to pick a winner for each round. This has caused a lot of horrible decisions where some judges had to explain themselves to the fighters, but nobody ever complained to the officials about their questionable policy that each round had to have a winner.
    Dude, you might want to start looking at the dates of these posts you are resurrecting.

Style
    Sportkarate and Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Dude, you might want to start looking at the dates of these posts you are resurrecting.
    Does the date make the discussion less important?
    I mean if it were you moderators could just close all old threads or delete them ....

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by kicksider View Post
    Does the date make the discussion less important?
    I mean if it were you moderators could just close all old threads or delete them ....
    Yes, the date does make the discussion less important. Especially since you are so self centered not to take the time to read the short group of posts and understand how dead this thread really is.

As for closing threads so they won't be resurrected; why would we do that?

Your new to the forum so I'm sure you don't know how things are done around here but you might want to take a second to find out.