Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Hippies kept their kids locked up in the house, literally, for decades:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rnia-home.html

13 kids, malnourished, etc., etc.

WTF?!?!?
    I was just listening to Canadian public radio and heard that story on the 9:00 news.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I was just listening to Canadian public radio and heard that story on the 9:00 news.
    For effect, and for those of you that can't be bothered to read the story... 13 children, 6 of them 18 or older... kept chained in a house in the burbs, where even the neighbors didn't know they existed. So undernourished that the cops thought they were all minors, until they learned some math. This is my candidate for absolute WTF of the year, and probably the decade or better. Things like this make me want to bypass the justice system.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    For effect, and for those of you that can't be bothered to read the story... 13 children, 6 of them 18 or older... kept chained in a house in the burbs, where even the neighbors didn't know they existed. So undernourished that the cops thought they were all minors, until they learned some math. This is my candidate for absolute WTF of the year, and probably the decade or better. Things like this make me want to bypass the justice system.
    Yeah, while listening to it on the radio, driving back from Judo, I started to get a shot of adrenaline going, had to snuff that in the bud...

I'm sure they will plead "not guilty", right ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Mixed
    It's like Flowers in the Attic. Yeah, nothing at all creepy about this picture.

Please, please...let all the children be the mother's...

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's like Flowers in the Attic. Yeah, nothing at all creepy about this picture.

Please, please...let all the children be the mother's...

LOL, yes, it would have been less creepy without the blurred faces, but only just slightly less. Good call on Flowers, I haven't read that book since I stole my mom's copy over 30 years ago...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Tennessee man flips car five times after letting ‘Jesus take the wheel’
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/ten...us-take-wheel/
    Tennessee man told police this week that Jesus personally came to him and told him to let Him drive on his behalf.

The result, reports local news station WVLT, is that his car veered off the highway and then flipped over five times.

A search of England’s car revealed, according to WVLT, “six grams of marijuana, 0.6 grams of cocaine, a pipe, rolling papers, a 3/4 empty bottle of Crown Royal, a small empty bottle of Crown Royal, and several cans used for ‘huffing.'
    Article is awesome.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Praise the lord and pass the rattlesnakes': the pastor killed by the viper he preached with
    https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...er-rattlesnake
    Pastor Mack Wolford had many ways of getting the faithful all fired up. He would drive from town to town, preaching, singing, speaking in tongues and brandishing – on several occasions – venomous snakes. Wolford, who lived in McDowell County in West Virginia, belonged to the Full Gospel Apostolic House of the Lord Jesus, one of the few remaining small Appalachian Pentecostal sects known as “sign followers”.

They adhere to a literal interpretation of a passage from the Gospel of Mark in the King James Bible. “And these signs,” it says, “shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

Lauren Pond began photographing Wolford and his congregation in 2011, overcoming her own fear as she shot rattlesnakes and copperheads being coiled around the arms and necks of worshippers as they reaffirmed their faith in the divine. On 23 May the following year, just before his 44th birthday, Wolford posted this message to his followers on Facebook: “Praise the lord and pass the rattlesnakes, brother.”
    And that story/article is even ... "better".
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Mixed
    Something about David Allen Turpin's look has been bothering me and it took me a while but it came to me, just now.

He stole Captain Kangaroo's hairstyle. What a sick SOB.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Not sure if Samuel Warren Shaffer made it in here yet. It sounded real familiar.

"Utah Doomsday cult leader pleads guilty to child rape, child abuse"
    http://fox13now.com/2018/02/21/utah-...e-child-abuse/
    Doomsday cult leader Samuel Warren "The Seer" Shaffer, 33, has pleaded guilty to child rape and child abuse Wednesday.

The Iron County Sheriff's Office said Shaffer is believed to be the leader of a religious affiliation called “Knights of the Crystal Blade.”

He is accused of helping a fellow member of the affiliation, John Coltharp, kidnap his children in Iron County back in Dec. 2017.

That incident led to an Amber Alert and the children were rescued.

Through the investigation, authorities learned the men were "betrothed" to each other's daughters, who were 7 and 8 at the time.

Shaffer faces 25-years-to-life for pleading guilty to rape of a child and 1 to 15 years for child abuse.
    Article is sourced and continues on for a bit ... with some more relevant info.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    This seems like the proper thread for this recent news piece:

"I was just so proud for beating this samurai wannabe crazy lady with hate in her heart," Lovell, 29, told The Oregonian/OregonLive in a Facebook message exchange Wednesday. "I've been preparing my whole life for something like this."

The woman? Emily Javier, 30, his girlfriend of two years. Javier faces attempted murder charges after she told police and a 911 dispatcher she attacked and repeatedly slashed Lovell with a samurai sword during the wee hours of March 3.
    Javier told police she grew enraged, went to a shopping mall and purchased a samurai sword.

She spent the next week stewing and plotting her violent revenge, she said.

Her anger peaked the night of March 2 when Lovell returned home and ignored her, Javier said. About 9 p.m., she went into the couple's bedroom, where she had taped the samurai sword and two knives to her side of the bed, the police report shows.

Lovell later joined her and drifted off to sleep. Javier told police she hid her boyfriend's phone so he couldn't call for help.

After the lights went out, Javier said she retrieved he samurai sword - then brought it down on her boyfriend, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Wait a second, did he actually say

I've been preparing my whole life for something like this.
    ?

WTF?

Lovell said he woke up to being attacked by Javier. His instincts kicked in, and he drew on a lifetime of Kung Fu films and martial arts training.

"I was able to wing chun my way to survival," Lovell said referring to a traditional form of Chinese martial art that focuses on close-range combat.

A-HA!!!

It all makes sense now!
    Well, except the part where he survives.

I say she should have finished the job, just look at that ****-eating grin!

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-coun...d_samurai.html