Page 24 of 31 First ... 14202122232425262728 ... Last
  1. #231
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,743
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Yeah ... I know how all Christian Nationalists and Isolationists feel when the KKK runs people over at their rally.
    Hmm, that's a deep statement. You mean there are "good" and "bad" Antifa? Or better and worse? Or the "movement" is getting co-opted by crazies?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #232
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,660
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Hmm, that's a deep statement. You mean there are "good" and "bad" Antifa? Or better and worse? Or the "movement" is getting co-opted by crazies?
    Berkley is lost to the wolves ...
    https://news.vice.com/story/veteran-...y-to-be-braver
    Here is an excellent article with people who are actual protesters and activists discussing Berkeley Antifa ... with Berkeley Antifa. Video too.

    If someone is saying I am XXXXXX then doing things which undermine XXXXX's philosophy then they are bad XXXXXX's.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #233
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,660
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    http://rosecityantifa.org/#blog

    These cats at least seem to stay on topic and don't seem to stray into some weird Alt-Reality version of fascists (looking at you Berkeley).
    Have they been smashing people up in the streets?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  4. #234
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,743
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Berkley is lost to the wolves ...
    https://news.vice.com/story/veteran-...y-to-be-braver
    Here is an excellent article with people who are actual protesters and activists discussing Berkeley Antifa ... with Berkeley Antifa. Video too.

    If someone is saying I am XXXXXX then doing things which undermine XXXXX's philosophy then they are bad XXXXXX's.
    Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. Your deep Monkey thoughts are sometimes difficult for my sunburned scalp to grasp.

    But, you know, BAMN saved the day at Berkley...

    BAMN is in their pledge, too. It's cute, they even have a pledge. I'm betting that Ms. Felarco wrote the whole thing...
    http://www.bamn.com/

    If I were to do a survey of Antifa websites, how many would have some sort of reference to bamn statement.
    Like I wrote, Rose City Antifa does...

    BAMN, et al., on one side, Oathkeepers, et al., on the other side.

    Me and Monkey in the middle, the voices of reason in the wilderness...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #235
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,660
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. Your deep Monkey thoughts are sometimes difficult for my sunburned scalp to grasp.

    But, you know, BAMN saved the day at Berkley...

    BAMN is in their pledge, too. It's cute, they even have a pledge. I'm betting that Ms. Felarco wrote the whole thing...
    http://www.bamn.com/

    If I were to do a survey of Antifa websites, how many would have some sort of reference to bamn statement.
    Like I wrote, Rose City Antifa does...

    BAMN, et al., on one side, Oathkeepers, et al., on the other side.

    Me and Monkey in the middle, the voices of reason in the wilderness...
    BAMN I am sure has had a place (many places) in history and if **** goes "bad bad" in the future... maybe once again.

    BAMN at this point in the American Journey is ... hyperbole. Totally not relevant in any sort of reality involving America in 2017... tho some would say Charlottesville would be a good time to break out the BAMN language. I think it WAY too fucking early to be showcasing/brandishing BAMN speech and mentality.

    Like drawing your concealed gun before you REALLY think you need shoot this person...you're thinking "maybe I can get the crazy fucker to back down". I think it's just a bad idea.

    *edit*
    Not "you" you but general you.
    You know that, I am talking to them.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  6. #236
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,743
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    http://rosecityantifa.org/#blog

    These cats at least seem to stay on topic and don't seem to stray into some weird Alt-Reality version of fascists (looking at you Berkeley).
    Have they been smashing people up in the streets?
    They were involved in shenanigans in Portland, Word Trade meeting, and more recently. Rose City isn't so blatent, you have to read through their stuff to find the bamn statments. Like in their FAQ page.

    As for openly advocating smashing people in the streets ? If you are referring to driving cars into protesters, no, not that I know of.

    I posted a while back some links to stuff on FB (yeah, I know, Monkey no do FB) that were mealy mouthed about violent means. They also (read the FAQ) seem to think the government is complicit in supporting "fascists" when they support free speech rights of same. I agree with them that non-governmental groups can condemn, protest (peaceably, not sure they believe that), oppose, etc., stuff they disagree with, in public, but lawfully and peacefully. And that the government should protect protesters and keep the peace.

    I'm not convinced that AF groups really buy into that. They seem to see the government as the oppressors (and damned if they are not right sometimes), and, well, BAMN oppose that. That ties in with their seeming anarchist leanings.

    Again, look at the RCAF FAX link I posted, and look for reference to anarchists...

    Dude, I'm sorry, I can't support anarchy in any form or fashion in reality. I'm not a Mad Max scenario kind of guy.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #237
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,605
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Fight in 'empathy tent' at UC Berkeley leads to 4 arrests

    Yvonne Felarca, 47, was arrested for battery and resisting arrest, police said.

    So much for empathy. Members of opposing political groups clashed Tuesday inside a so-called “empathy tent” on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley.

    At least four people were arrested, police said.

    The empathy tent was reportedly in place to offer protesters a calm place to unwind amid the chaos around them. But the tent ultimately offered little respite — and nearly toppled during clashes between conservative students and leftist activists, the Los Angeles Times reported.

    “It’s tough, but we do what we can to foster dialogue,” said Edwin Fulch, who reportedly used the tent for talks about the virtues of meditation and the Occupy Wall Street movement.

    The protest was led by Joey Gibson, leader of a group called Patriot Prayer. Gibson had called for a rally after student organizers canceled a planned “Free Speech Week.”

    Counterprotesters determined to shut the event down got into shouting matches and scuffles with Gibson and his supporters inside the tent and later in a city park.

    Left-wing activist Yvonne Felarca was arrested for battery and resisting arrest, police said. Three men were arrested on charges including possession of body armor, carrying a banned weapon and participating in a riot.

    David Marquis, who identified himself as a senior at the school, said he was tired of the protests on campus. Marquis was outside the protest area and described the scene.

    “If you look at them, it’s ridiculous,” Marquis told the Los Angeles Times. “You’ve got a guy with purple hair with a f—ing lightsaber talking about Hitler. It’s hard for me to take any of this seriously.”

    Source:
    http://aktk.in/fight-in-empathy-tent...-to-4-arrests/
    "These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger. Who's the banana republic now?" -Bernie Sanders, August 5, 2011

  8. #238
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,743
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    BAMN I am sure has had a place (many places) in history and if **** goes "bad bad" in the future... maybe once again.

    BAMN at this point in the American Journey is ... hyperbole. Totally not relevant in any sort of reality involving America in 2017... tho some would say Charlottesville would be a good time to break out the BAMN language. I think it WAY too fucking early to be showcasing/brandishing BAMN speech and mentality.

    Like drawing your concealed gun before you REALLY think you need shoot this person..."you're thinking maybe I can get the crazy fucker to back down". I think it's just a bad idea.
    I see what you mean for sure. Bamn is something that we all would have to do if our government truly went sideways and headed towards real fascism. That would be a VERY grim scenario, because in that case the military would likely get involved, and despite all the militia/AR15/mycolddeadhands stuff people like to spout (mostly on the "right"), fighting trained professional soldiers is not something many people would survive for long.

    I don't think we are anywhere near that level of crisis.

    BAMN (the org) seems to be trying to frame themselves as a new civil rights movement, complete with references to MLK.

    They let themselves get distracted by clowns like Milo, though...taking their eyes off the ball.

    They are kind like the right wing militia types, but the other extreme, come to think of it. Sort of...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #239
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,660
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I see what you mean for sure. Bamn is something that we all would have to do if our government truly went sideways and headed towards real fascism. That would be a VERY grim scenario, because in that case the military would likely get involved, and despite all the militia/AR15/mycolddeadhands stuff people like to spout (mostly on the "right"), fighting trained professional soldiers is not something many people would survive for long.

    I don't think we are anywhere near that level of crisis.

    BAMN (the org) seems to be trying to frame themselves as a new civil rights movement, complete with references to MLK.

    They let themselves get distracted by clowns like Milo, though...taking their eyes off the ball.

    They are kind like the right wing militia types, but the other extreme, come to think of it. Sort of...
    Yep... just coming in weak knee'ed underarmed and pawing at the air when you try to stack them up that way against the right.
    Still nothing like scoping in on Military and Police units while freaking out about JADEHELM.

    ... but yeah. America is not in need of the BAMN !!!! or BAMF !!! divisive over the top horse ****.
    It is one of the reasons I despise 1bad65 and his Team bullshit.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #240
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,605
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Ms. Felarca once again in trouble for allegedly being violent...
    Antifa leader, teacher Yvonne Felarca arrested at 'empathy tent' Berkeley brawl

    A middle school teacher-turned-Antifa leader was among the four people arrested after opposing political groups clashed Tuesday inside a so-called “empathy tent” at the University of California, Berkeley.
    She debated Tucker Carlson not too long ago. She's a real loon, and a violent one at that.

    Somehow she's not in prison, and even scarier is still teaching children.
    "These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger. Who's the banana republic now?" -Bernie Sanders, August 5, 2011

Page 24 of 31 First ... 14202122232425262728 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in