Page 17 of 31 First ... 713141516171819202127 ... Last
  1. #161
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,172
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    REdneck Revolt (maybe not what you think)
    https://www.redneckrevolt.org/
    I wonder how many racists they snag with that site? Fucking awesome lol.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #162
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    If you want to try to understand a bit more about people like H. Scott (and this may include "white nationalists"), you might start here...
    https://redoubtnews.com/
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #163
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I wonder how many racists they snag with that site? Fucking awesome lol.
    Yeah, most racists are rednecks, right? Or is it vice-versa? Or both?

    But yeah, pretty clever, plus historical meaning of "redneck".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #164
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,172
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yeah, most racists are rednecks, right? Or is it vice-versa? Or both?

    But yeah, pretty clever, plus historical meaning of "redneck".
    There is an overlap but that's about as far as I would take it with any seriousness.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #165
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    There is an overlap but that's about as far as I would take it with any seriousness.
    Glad you are being serious, hopefully you will continue to improve.

    Check out all the pee-pal links on that re-doubt website...

    You have to read some of those articles. Thank me later for the entertainment value.

    The one about pre-trial detention is a real jewel.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #166
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,172
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Glad you are being serious, hopefully you will continue to improve.

    Check out all the pee-pal links on that re-doubt website...

    You have to read some of those articles. Thank me later for the entertainment value.

    The one about pre-trial detention is a real jewel.
    LOL thank you sir.

    Pre-trial detention is unconstitutional because prison is county jail and stuff that isn't a law but if it is a law it is bad cause constitution 1700's technology and no flight risk and BUNDY4LYFE!!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #167
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    REdneck Revolt (maybe not what you think)
    https://www.redneckrevolt.org/
    My kind of people.

  8. #168
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,172
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    LOL thank you sir.

    Pre-trial detention is unconstitutional because prison is county jail and stuff that isn't a law but if it is a law it is bad cause constitution 1700's technology and no flight risk and BUNDY4LYFE!!!
    also : Body cavity searches in prison while waiting for trial in county jails hurt lawyer/client relationships! NO STEP UN SNEK!!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #169
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,578
    Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    REdneck Revolt (maybe not what you think)
    https://www.redneckrevolt.org/
    Cool dudes.

  10. #170
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    LOL thank you sir.

    Pre-trial detention is unconstitutional because prison is county jail and stuff that isn't a law but if it is a law it is bad cause constitution 1700's technology and no flight risk and BUNDY4LYFE!!!
    Well, the constitution does have something in it about "excessive bail"... not really defined there what excessive is.

    However, there is that old bugaboo called "case law" that the constitutionalist and or sovereign citizen types mostly tend to ignore, unless it is mis-read or mis-applied in their (usually imagined) favor.

    Setting bail is a pretty well-defined process in American jurisprudence. I see it all the time in court, I see motions to reduce bail and or release on own recognizance all the time, I see the argument both for and against.

    It's a well defined process to say the least.

    Cliven Bundy is in detained in a Federal prison pre-trial, with no bail, because he's charged with a Federal crime, and there ain't no such thing as a Federal jail...

    One of the things considered when deciding on amount of bail (or no bail) is flight risk. The Feds are worried that if Bundy posted bond or bailed out, he would go hole up and create a standoff.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 17 of 31 First ... 713141516171819202127 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in