Page 11 of 29 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Old White Guy Now Understands Driving While Black Issues

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...un-in-with-law
    Posted Jun 30, 2017 at 1:01 AM

After over three million miles of driving and using my turn signals religiously, Ol’ Clark was pulled over for not signaling a right turn, giving me a chance to better understand how minority motorists feel when they are pulled over for the most trivial reason, or no reason at all.

Here’s Ol’ Clark’s story.
    The intersection of Grace Lane and Lake of the Woods Road carries a heavy traffic load to major subdivisions all the way south to highway 63. Cars on Grace Lane can go either left or right at Lake of the Woods, where traffic does not stop. It can be a very dangerous corner.
    On one recent evening, I left my gym half a block south of the intersection and, upon reaching the stop sign, I stopped and remarked to myself that I couldn’t believe there was no traffic in either direction. There was only a car a block behind me.
    My stop had been total, not rolling. I turned right and headed toward Interstate 70. Within 100 yards, red lights flashed behind me, seeming to come from nowhere. I pulled over to allow an emergency vehicle to pass, stopping in the intersection with Bull Run Drive. Then I realized the lights were for me.
    I was now blocking traffic onto Bull Run, so I rolled slowly forward to a shoulder wide enough for both vehicles. The move made sense.
    Wrong move!
    I’m lucky I didn’t get shot. Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.
    I had no idea why I had been stopped. I rolled down the window and when the sheriff’s deputy approached, my question was, “Why am I being stopped?”

“Because you didn’t use your turn signal back at Grace Lane.” And she added, “And you don’t move your vehicle when we stop you.”
    “Hey, I was blocking a major intersection because I thought you were an emergency vehicle and traffic couldn’t move.” No answer.
    After surrendering my license and insurance card, here came the lecture while the second officer stood guard. Then I asked the question: “I normally am very good about using my turn signal,” I said, realizing that the deputy had probably heard that excuse too many times before. “Tell me, just how did that infraction interfere with the flow of traffic since there was no one except you behind me? How did I endanger others? What did I do to compromise the safety of others and the flow of traffic?”
    The answer, “You didn’t use your turn signal. If you don’t agree, plead “not guilty.”
    Why bother? It would be me against two officers. If they said, “no turn signal,” the cost of the ticket would be increased. I said: “Give me the ticket. If you say I’m guilty, I’ll be guilty.” I felt a warning would have been sufficient.
    Now I’m charged with a moving violation, though I was stopped, by the deputy’s admission. I have no idea what the fine will be because there is no listed fine for not using the turn signal. I had to call the fine collection center in Jefferson City. The service agent there couldn’t tell me the fine because they had not received a copy of the ticket a week later. You tell me how this operates.
    Now a note for the deputy and her standby partner. I was not wearing a seat belt at the time and that is a more serious offense. And, when the two officers turned off their red lights and pulled back into traffic on Lake of the Woods Road, they did not turn on their left turn signal to let traffic know they were changing from the shoulder to the right traffic lane. Whatever fine I pay should be less than what these sheriff’s deputies should pay. I was at least stopped when I allegedly violated.

I can fully understand how easy it is for police to make random stops. I have a rear bumper full of liberal bumper stickers and a dent. My car is old, with 425,000 miles, which probably makes me an aging hippie with a weed habit. So why not pull me over?
    I’ve just come to appreciate even more the words of those minorities when they speak of harassment and police arrogance. I had a good dose of arrogance on this evening and, in my rear view mirror, the image of the second officer out of the car, his hands ready in case I made the wrong move. My life seemed to be in danger.

I fully understand how a person can lose their respect for law officers. When you are in the shoes of the minority, you learn a lot more about their journey.
    Bill Clark’s columns appear Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Reach him at 474-4510.

The Sheriff took exception though, as the dashcam video showed another story....included dashcam video...
    https://www.boonecountymo.org/sherif...-rebuttal.aspx

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    [URL]

[/I]The Sheriff took exception though, as the dashcam video showed another story....included dashcam video...
    https://www.boonecountymo.org/sherif...-rebuttal.aspx

Excellent quote.

Did you ever see a point where Ol' Clark's life was in danger (other than when he cut in front of the truck)? What about that good dose of arrogance he received from the deputy who addressed him as sir and thanked him numerous times? How was he in the shoes of minorities as an elderly white male? Was he saying minorities don't follow traffic laws or was he saying they are argumentative when stopped by law enforcement? I don't know, but Ol' Clark was guilty of both. If he believes this is how minorities are treated, then minorities can be assured from this video that they will be treated professionally by Boone County deputies.
    I don't know how he did it but you can actually feel the mirth, amazement, awe at Ol'Clark's words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Events today reminded me of this sort of thing, so I started digging a little deeper in between stuff.

This being sovereign citizen, posse comitatus, Christian Identity Movement, et al.

The relations between these all are fascinating. I thought I'd put some references out for those interested.

A LOT of these guys are folks who probably voted for President Trump. Of course, I don't think he would know WTF any of sovereign citizen, posse commitatus, Chistian Identity Movement, etc would mean. Most people don't anyway.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...y-movement-and

LEVITAS: If you look at the philosophy of today's militias, common-law courts and county supremacy movement, it is absolutely inseparable from the original concepts set forth by Gale almost 30 years ago.

What the Posse has done to survive between then and now has been to be very flexible and to inject those ideas into whatever social conditions exist and use those conditions opportunistically.

https://books.google.com/books?id=aS...0Beach&f=false

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

So this guy, big surprise, saw a way to make a buck (no doubt Gale did as well)...
    Henry Lamont “Mike” Beach

Ironically, the groups who are so convinced that Jews run the international monetary system, et al, are "victims" of a scam artist...from Portland, OR...

That some juicy irony right there...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This person was (finally?) arrested...
    https://www.policeone.com/Crowd-Cont...Capitol-brawl/
    Anti-fascist leader arrested after Calif. Capitol brawl

Yvonne C. Felarca, 47, was arrested Tuesday on charges of inciting and participating in a riot and assault likely to cause great bodily injury

Today at 4:00 AM

By Don Thompson
    Associated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California authorities announced Wednesday that they arrested a prominent San Francisco Bay Area anti-fascist leader on charges stemming from a state Capitol brawl last year between white nationalist groups and counter-protesters.

Yvonne C. Felarca, 47, was arrested Tuesday in Los Angeles on charges of inciting and participating in a riot and assault likely to cause great bodily injury, the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office said.
    In this Nov. 19. 2014 file photo Yvette Felarca, an alumni of the University of California Berkeley and member of the group By Any Means Necessary, claps and yells as a vote is taken to raise tuition during a meeting of the University of California Board of Regents in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg, File)
    In this Nov. 19. 2014 file photo Yvette Felarca, an alumni of the University of California Berkeley and member of the group By Any Means Necessary, claps and yells as a vote is taken to raise tuition during a meeting of the University of California Board of Regents in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg, File)

Yvette Felarca is the name used by the leader and spokeswoman for the group By Any Means Necessary, but public records show her given name is Yvonne Capistrano Felarca.

By Any Means Necessary has not returned repeated telephone messages from The Associated Press over two days.

A second counter-protester, Michael Williams, 56, was arrested Wednesday in Yolo County on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and participating in a riot.

They are the last of four arrests stemming from a June 2016 melee that erupted when more than 300 counter-protesters confronted about 30 members of the Traditionalist Worker Party. Prosecutors on Tuesday announced the arrests of a party supporter and another counter-protester.

Felarca attended the Capitol protest and gave television interviews after the melee. Following those interviews, Berkeley police last year investigated threats against Berkeley's Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School where Felarca was a teacher. School officials could not be reached Wednesday.

She also has been prominent at several clashes in Berkeley involving the Occupy movement and more recently between supporters and opponents of President Donald Trump and conservative leaders.

Prosecutors said there are no more outstanding warrants from last year's clash, although the California Highway Patrol had sought charges against 101 participants after an eight-month investigation. The district attorney's office said many counter-protesters were masked, making it difficult to bring charges including against those involved in several stabbings and an assault on a Sacramento television station's news crew.

Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.

The district attorney's office also rejected dozens of lesser charges including unlawful assembly or possessing illegal signs and banners.

"Our role is to investigate the incident and make recommendations to the district attorney's office," highway patrol spokeswoman Fran Clader said Wednesday. "Ultimately it's up to the district attorney's office to determine who should be arrested and face charges."

Separate image:

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of...
    Jeremiah Christian indicted on 15 charges. (Guy in Portland, OR who is one crazy MOFO).
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...gainst_ac.html

A little background on Mr. Christian...
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...h_from_tr.html

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's enough to get the death penalty.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's enough to get the death penalty.
    Good. They should fry him, and his message.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    One of the rare cases where I too am in favor.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Nut bag delivery system what a great way to get your message out.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the rare cases where I too am in favor.
    No no he can be reformed. Catholic nun who loves Killers will probably come to his Aid is she still alive sister Prejean?

Page 11 of 29 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last