Page 24 of 24 First ... 142021222324
  1. #231
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,253
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    3
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!

    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #232

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    But we all agree the Pug should be sent to the pound ,right?
    I thought about that...dog abuse, etc, which some of the complaints have mentioned.

    In other words, it's not just the speech that offends some people, but the actual training of the dog to do repulsive things.

    It's not quite training a pit bull to enjoy the taste of human...but it's also not entirely humane to drag an innocent little animal into this bullshit. People have had their animals taken away by control officers for FAR less.

    Dog lovers probably want this guy neutered. I'm sure the dog can be reprogrammed...

  3. #233
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!

    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    LOCK PUG UP!
    Just look at that evil bastich...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #234
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #235

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    154
    Style
    Boxing
    1
    Wow, the police backed off and clarified their statement in record time based on public feedback. Those fascists. Speech is doomed.

  6. #236
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RighteousDude View Post
    Wow, the police backed off and clarified their statement in record time based on public feedback. Those fascists. Speech is doomed.
    The fact that public feed back was needed should be concerning to you. Public feedback was indeed needed based on what the police said.
    You do have to wonder what the state of mind in regarding the law each officer actually holds.

    I mean its not the worse thing ever, of course, but it should be at least a little bit troubling.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  7. #237
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    The fact that public feed back was needed should be concerning to you. Public feedback was indeed needed based on what the police said.
    You do have to wonder what the state of mind in regarding the law each officer actually holds.

    I mean its not the worse thing ever, of course, but it should be at least a little bit troubling.
    I'm not exactly sure how the legal system in the U.K. works, however, the cops can charge a person with a crime, but it's the prosecutor who decides whether or not the case is worthwhile to pursue.

    Sometimes they work together beforehand, as in cops asking for an arrest warrant (from a judge), with help from the prosecutor.

    So if the cops overstep, there are check/balances in place to rectify that.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #238

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    154
    Style
    Boxing
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    The fact that public feed back was needed should be concerning to you. Public feedback was indeed needed based on what the police said.
    You do have to wonder what the state of mind in regarding the law each officer actually holds.

    I mean its not the worse thing ever, of course, but it should be at least a little bit troubling.
    Well the police intimidate all the time. I'm not concerned when they post something and then actually listen to the public and apologize. It's refreshing. They should do it more often.

Page 24 of 24 First ... 142021222324

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in