Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,241
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2

    Manchester Explosion

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=47569092

    19 dead, 50 injured after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by article
    Nineteen people are dead and around 50 others injured after reports of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England.

    In a statement, Greater Manchester police said they were called to the arena at just before 10:35 p.m. local time on Monday. Authorities are telling people to avoid the area.

    At the moment, the incident is being treated as a "terrorist incident until police know otherwise."

    Further details were not immediately available.
    I hope all our Bullies over the lake are ok.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Police: "There will be a controlled explosion in Cathedral gardens shortly if you hearing anything don't be concerned."

    https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866813662505447424

    There may be more devices...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    LOL the irony of this should be obvious.

    Sorry, but I knew certain propagandists would attempt to exploit this terror attack and use it as political ammo.

    Certain propagandists feel it's more important to attack journalism and government investigations than it is to just report the facts.

    CNN is the devil! Trust your KEK saviors to deliver you truth via Twitter.

    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/22/2017 8:16pm at .

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,241
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G M Police tweet
    Officers carrying out a precautionary controlled explosion in Cathedral Garden confirm that it was abandoned clothing, not a suspicious item
    8:43 PM - 22 May 2017
    tweet
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #5
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,246
    Style
    judo hiatus
    4
    A disproportionate number will be very young. Words...can't really express.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Ariana's music is a big inspiration for me. I wonder why someone would attack her concert.

    Right wing feminist opposition, or Islamic radicalism?

    Most of her music is overtly feminine, freely sexual, and multicultural.

    Was her concert the target of Middle Eastern women haters...or Western ones?

    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/22/2017 8:25pm at .

  7. #7
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,246
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    LOL the irony of this should be obvious.

    Sorry, but I knew certain propagandists would attempt to exploit this terror attack and use it as political ammo.

    Certain propagandists feel it's more important to attack journalism and government investigations than it is to just report the facts.

    CNN is the devil! Trust your KEK saviors to deliver you truth via Twitter.

    LOL? Really?

    Aside, I was flicking through the news channels and MSNBC was still covering Trump. The only channel not on the Manchester story.

    How about the rabid political **** stay in it's numerous threads?

    Religious zealotry? Fair game if this is indeed another case of more of the same.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    LOL? Really?

    Aside, I was flicking through the news channels and MSNBC was still covering Trump. The only channel not on the Manchester story.

    How about the rabid political **** stay in it's numerous threads?

    Religious zealotry? Fair game if this is indeed another case of more of the same.
    I just know what to expect out of the outlets that I monitor, so that when it happens it's easy to catch and report on.

    Trust me, the online right wing political channels aren't focusing on the dead, they're focusing on how to tie this tragedy to Hillary Clinton hating, apologizing for Trump, and dismissing mainstream outlets like CNN, NYT, and US broadcasters because of the font size they chose for respective stories.

    There are so many Alt Right posts right now trolling the Twitter feeds reporting on the tragedy, and 100% of it is from the same groups that troll everything else. The Alt Righters have about the same respect for terrorist victims as they do for blacks, women, Hispanics, and Jews: zero.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/22/2017 8:32pm at .

  9. #9
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,241
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    he Alt Righters have about the same respect for terrorist victims as they do for blacks, women, Hispanics, and Jews: zero.
    So let us not go there at the moment.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So let us not go there at the moment.
    Did you know Ariana is a master impressionist?


Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in