Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2

    Florida Man.....Neo-nazi converts to Islam and kills neo-nazi roommates

    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-faith/2324756

    TAMPA A man accused of shooting his two roommates Friday in a New Tampa apartment told police he shared neo-Nazi beliefs with the men until he converted to Islam then killed them because they showed disrespect for his faith.The crime grew even more incendiary as the weekend wore on.
    Officers found a cooler full of bomb materials as they arrived to investigate the double homicide........
    So is this neo-nazi, Timothy McVeigh type violence or did the Allah make him do it? It's a for sure grey area.

  2. #2
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-faith/2324756


    So is this neo-nazi, Timothy McVeigh type violence or did the Allah make him do it? It's a for sure grey area.
    How about he has a mental illness as well ? Not as an excuse, but because he probably does, like the kid who killed the folks in the church, who appears to be autistic.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #3
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How about he has a mental illness as well ? Not as an excuse, but because he probably does, like the kid who killed the folks in the church, who appears to be autistic.
    So you are saying Alt Right and right wing politics can destabilize and motivate autistics to be violent killers?
    Or are you saying extremism tend to centralize in the minds of the unwell?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  4. #4
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How about he has a mental illness as well ? Not as an excuse, but because he probably does, like the kid who killed the folks in the church, who appears to be autistic.
    Killing for gain(theft,food,land,etc.) or as a job(ganster,cop,soldier) generally falls in with something sane people can do. Not that I am recommendimg it as a proper course of action or legal. I am just saying those sorts obviously are capable of having a firm grip on reality.
    Killing because an invisible all powerful creators book was being picked on doesn't make much sense. Rational thought really breaks down as you start trying to walk through that line of thinking.

  5. #5
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu

  6. #6
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,894
    2
    Does this even rate on Florida's crazy scale??

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So you are saying Alt Right and right wing politics can destabilize and motivate autistics to be violent killers?
    Or are you saying extremism tend to centralize in the minds of the unwell?
    Yes, exactly, that's it exactly, Monkeyshines...

    I don't know the answer, but I'm sure an expert will show up with the answers soon...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Killing for gain(theft,food,land,etc.) or as a job(ganster,cop,soldier) generally falls in with something sane people can do. Not that I am recommending it as a proper course of action or legal. I am just saying those sorts obviously are capable of having a firm grip on reality.
    Killing because an invisible all powerful creators book was being picked on doesn't make much sense. Rational thought really breaks down as you start trying to walk through that line of thinking.
    Applying logic (even correctly) and/or other rational thinking does not mean making the best decision. "Best' in terms of moral, legal, appropriate, etc. Having some sort of mental illness, even if it's temporary, does not preclude making poor decisions (relatively poor, let's say, something with bad consequences for victims and perpetrator). Maybe a different way to think of it is being drunk or under the influence of some sort of intoxicating/mind-altering substance.

    A great example is meth use. I see people frequently, who are under the influence of it, to one degree or another. I'm sure you have too. It's like a temporary form of psychosis/psychotic break ? I'm not a psychologist/chiatrist, so I'm using inexact terms I'm sure. Add in an underlying mental condition and all sorts of bad stuff gets done...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Does this even rate on Florida's crazy scale??
    Two people were murdered, have some respect...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    And the plot thickens...
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-faith/2324756

    'Neo-Nazi' in Florida National Guard arrested after explosives found at Tampa Palms murder scene...

    TAMPA — A man accused of shooting his two roommates Friday in a Tampa Palms apartment told police he shared neo-Nazi beliefs with the men until he converted to Islam then killed them because they showed disrespect for his faith.

    The crime grew even more incendiary as the weekend wore on.

    Officers found a cooler full of bomb materials as they arrived to investigate the double homicide, leading to federal explosive charges against Brandon Russell — a Florida National Guardsman and admitted neo-Nazi who kept a framed photo of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh on his dresser.

    Russell, 21, was the man Tampa police officers found crying outside his door Friday evening when murder suspect Devon Arthurs led them back to the apartment that the four had shared in an affluent suburb north of the University of South Florida. Russell, wearing camouflage, had just returned from National Guard duties.

    See the link for more details...some serious stuff found.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in