Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Neck cranks in training are generally a pretty big faux pas, particularly among new practitioners. Firstly, they're fairly crude technique-wise and don't really teach you what you need to be focusing on as a beginner. Secondly, they don't really end fights very well. They cause sprains and strains on ligaments and neck joints but don't put somebody out of the fight the same way a well-applied chokehold would, meaning that they just injure your opponent without really being very efficient winning moves in themselves.

I used to guard slam folks quite a lot when I was just starting out, until it was pointed out to me that this was newbie spazzfaggotry and that it was also extremely rude.

So yeah, you fucked up by neckcranking him. He also fucked up by threatening to fight you. I'd recommend apologising next time you roll, say you weren't aware it was bad form.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    This guy is just fucking dense though. "you hurt me again I hurt you". Mhm. Oh my god. I'm being threatened by a blue belt! Dude's neck was probably really hurting and he wanted to just go home. The way the entire post is written is just cringey. Zero self-awareness.
    Yes, also, the blue could have tapped and said "stop being a spaz and doing xxx" then reset in the same position or whatever.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ, Muay Thai
    In the future I will focus more on proper technique rather then smash my training partner for the tap. Guess my ego got a hold of me trying to tap the blue belt. Thanks for the input guys.

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    Jesse, I've rolled with you a few times and you weren't a neck-cranking spazz then.

When you say "I'm trying to do a cross collar choke but do not succeed so I was trying to crank his neck applying a lot of pressure to his face and neck."—do you mean you were still going for the choke? Or you were collar choking his cheeks? Or you tried something you saw on Eddie Bravo's channel?

Either way, I expect better from my fellow blue belts.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Or you tried something you saw on Eddie Bravo's channel?
    I'm not sure if this was intended to be a fully sick burn, but dang, fully sick burn, mate!

Style
    BJJ, Muay Thai
    Dave, yes I was still going for the cross collar choke trying to get my fore arms under his face onto his neck. Wasn't trying anything from eddies channel that day ;)

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    I was still going for the cross collar choke trying to get my fore arms under his face onto his neck
    Sounds legit to me. Everybody upthread thinks you went for some action-movie neck-break move because you used the word "crank". I wasn't there, so I can't know ****, but what you did sounds perfectly within the bounds of rolling etiquette.

You should probably ask a coach what they think. See you on the mats. ::shaka::
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Style
    BJJ
    Don't neck crank, you don't have the control to do it safely

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones View Post
    Don't neck crank, you don't have the control to do it safely
    I think, on further review, he was less trying to neck crank, and more trying to cross choke poorly and out of position.

Less a case of spazzing than a case of poor technique from a white belt playing a blue belt and then tempers got a little frayed.

Hopefully this has been resolved and everyone involved can just get back to training.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    OP is a spazz. Don't worry. It happens. But the blue belt shouldn't have been a bitch either. He should make sure he has an answer for noob spazzes that don't involve running his fucking cock holster. He should welcome the spazzy noob and he shouldn't say ****. He should heel hook your ass and give you a grin.

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last