Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    WC,JJ,Kenju,C.BoxN,ElboNe
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is Tim Credeur in the oficial bel registry for BJJ?

Grappled at their place for a while, no gi, and wanted to know. I also went to grapple at a place hosting in Houston. I noticed their place had a guy in the registry, and the Lafayette place did not. The Rafael guy is the other that is rough on the hosting thing, and was looking to launch Louisiana BJJ org. I noticed judo guys that match up for starting standing and also on the ground pair with similar sizes and weights in the same sense as weight classes. This did also happen with Credeur and his grapplers. Got some arm lock submissions and 3 leg locks on the guys there. Got about 3(me) to 1(judo partner)
    arm locks with the judo guys that can press weight advantage from top position, and the 1 was them after they copied an arm lock from what I used with a guy over 240 pounds. I would like to see more info. That the guys I grappled with do more cage fighting does mean I still check on the listings for training support. The Texas guys don't go against Alliance often, though they compete. I am not saying I am on the Alliance team.

The particular from grappling with Credeur I was focusing on was the getting one leg over their hip and then tucking under their opposite atm. This traps one of their arms so it can not be used to do the chokehold from taking the back. I had to bring my arm under his neck to his left shoulder and keep half guard. The previous time I had to tuck left at over his head and under his left arm pressing for top advantage, and as we rolled I kept his left arm secured for the joint lock, my right hand on his left wrist. This prevent him taking the back, and stopped him from climbing over my left shoulder to reverse to armbar. Credeur practiced that a few times after he tapped the second time.
    Last edited by Liger; 5/21/2017 9:09am at .

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What belt registry? The IBJJF? There isn't one single belt registry to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Liger View Post
    Got some arm lock submissions and 3 leg locks on the guys there. Got about 3(me) to 1(judo partner)
    your English sucks to much to try and do any sort of technical talk with you.

However I do have to beg the question where you trying to leg lock a judo player?
    That seems a bit fucked up.
    I mean without being able to understand exactly what the **** you are talking about.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Adv Grappling ----> Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Would you mind clarifying?

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am asking, while scouring the belt registries of Brazilian Jui Jutsu, if any have seen listings for Tim Credeur. At the time of grappling with him there was a discussion of actual belt rank.
    Rafael said Credeur's belt listing jumped from purple to brown, and to black over a period of 5 years prior to my grappling with Tim Credeur, and Rafael was judging the belt ranks while looking at establishing of local Brazilian JJ org registration of practitioners. Rafael and Tim both said I was on my way to brown, from having 2 stripes. Last time I was around Rafael I had gained a belt, 2 stripes, a few more, then 5 more stripes on the belt I was at after. I was more actively participated in grappling. 2 of the registration sites I saw had guys web presence go down and then were not listed. I am simply checking on the registration situation. The activity level affecting current belt rank was a topic during these things as to what the maintained grappling levels should be judged as. I liked this, but that is different from teaching level technically. Credeur did not teach me, and the classes I attended were presided over by black belts. I saw Rafael in a registry for Brazilian Belts and was part of his grappling for a little while after the Credeur thing. Credeurs I showed to grapple at more than once. I was primarily grappling with the active and some cage men. When I participate it is usually like this, where the scoring for position is prioritized. Royce presided over some of mine as well, and said I was a purple, and the activity level thing that they agree with is why they will be looking at Credeur being known as a brown belt. That makes 7 stripes as a purple belt.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to list supporting details for my query, since it is about the registry. Guys doing no gi grappling get progressed differently. Nog was willing to support the give of next belts to any with more than 5 stripes I was told.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no official belt registry for BJJ. Tim is a black belt, 5 years from purple to black is not super unusual. Did you bother to ask him where he got his black from? I'm sure he'd be fine answering, then you could verify with his teacher.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liger View Post
    I am asking, while scouring the belt registries of Brazilian Jui Jutsu, if any have seen listings for Tim Credeur. At the time of grappling with him there was a discussion of actual belt rank.
    Rafael said Credeur's belt listing jumped from purple to brown, and to black over a period of 5 years prior to my grappling with Tim Credeur, and Rafael was judging the belt ranks while looking at establishing of local Brazilian JJ org registration of practitioners. Rafael and Tim both said I was on my way to brown, from having 2 stripes. Last time I was around Rafael I had gained a belt, 2 stripes, a few more, then 5 more stripes on the belt I was at after. I was more actively participated in grappling. 2 of the registration sites I saw had guys web presence go down and then were not listed. I am simply checking on the registration situation. The activity level affecting current belt rank was a topic during these things as to what the maintained grappling levels should be judged as. I liked this, but that is different from teaching level technically. Credeur did not teach me, and the classes I attended were presided over by black belts. I saw Rafael in a registry for Brazilian Belts and was part of his grappling for a little while after the Credeur thing. Credeurs I showed to grapple at more than once. I was primarily grappling with the active and some cage men. When I participate it is usually like this, where the scoring for position is prioritized. Royce presided over some of mine as well, and said I was a purple, and the activity level thing that they agree with is why they will be looking at Credeur being known as a brown belt. That makes 7 stripes as a purple belt.
    Basic Tech -----------> YMAS

I thought I saw some technical questions in there but never mind this is YMAS material.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is all this talk of a whole mess of stripes? The convention is 4 strips per belt though I have seen places where people might move up to the next belt without all that stripe nonsense. Especially the peeps that live in the gym that are on the fast track.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a stripe once. It was pretty rad. I should train harder so I get more of them. Maybe I can become a seven-stripe white belt someday.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last