Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,870
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's not all religions are full of ****. But currently Scientology has raised the bar somewhat on lunacy. Not necessarily because of their beliefs, but because of their actions which are well documented.
    That I can totally sign off on.

    ACTIONS ACTIONS ACTIONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  2. #12
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,870
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I just told you - scientology is a scam designed to sucker money out of believers from the very first minute it was conceptualised. It only became a religion later due to its tax exemption status.

    It cannot be compared to any older, genuine religion. Apart from perhaps Mormonism.
    You take away Magic and it is all a scam. If you think Religion is nothing more than Mythology (as fiction in a universe without magic, like this one so far) it is all a scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,179
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

  4. #14
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,209
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Lol at LDS being an older religion. You must be trying to be funny...
    i'm assuming these are separate thoughts since i didn't mention lds; or you're trolling. moving right along:

    if there is a significant difference in how scientology draws income from its members and how christian churches do so, i'd be genuinely interested in hearing how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,179
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    i'm assuming these are separate thoughts since i didn't mention lds; or you're trolling. moving right along:

    if there is a significant difference in how scientology draws income from its members and how christian churches do so, i'd be genuinely interested in hearing how.
    Burning meat offerings to the Gods used to be a common practice.

    If you want to give your money to a God or the Gods, you might be better off burning it as an offering.

    Warning: check with your local authorities as to the legality of destroying or defacing legal tender or holding bonfires of any kind.

    PS - if you send me the money, I'll use it to buy drinks and make toasts to whatever God or Gods you specify.

  6. #16
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,209
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Burning meat offerings to the Gods used to be a common practice.

    If you want to give your money to a God or the Gods, you might be better off burning it as an offering.

    Warning: check with your local authorities as to the legality of destroying or defacing legal tender or holding bonfires of any kind.

    PS - if you send me the money, I'll use it to buy drinks and make toasts to whatever God or Gods you specify.
    which begs the question: at what point did god decide he needed to collect your water bill 4 times per month as opposed to sacrificing an animal (or your son; jk'ing abraham!) on occasion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  7. #17
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,870
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    which begs the question: at what point did god decide he needed to collect your water bill 4 times per month as opposed to sacrificing an animal (or your son; jk'ing abraham!) on occasion?
    What the **** dude?
    I pay the City quarterly for water/sewer they must be plowing you if they are billing weekly.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    if there is a significant difference in how scientology draws income from its members and how christian churches do so, i'd be genuinely interested in hearing how.
    i mean to be fair the Catholic Church hasn't been known for the levels of brutality and cunning manipulation that Scientology has been accused of in a couple hundred years. Some people allege straight up beatings, separation from family, kidnapping, blackmail and extortion type interactions with Scientology.
    Last edited by Christmas Spirit; 5/05/2017 10:19pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  8. #18
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,209
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    What the **** dude?
    I pay the City quarterly for water/sewer they must be plowing you if they are billing weekly.
    i guess scientology has it's advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  9. #19
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,693
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    i'm assuming these are separate thoughts since i didn't mention lds; or you're trolling. moving right along:

    if there is a significant difference in how scientology draws income from its members and how christian churches do so, i'd be genuinely interested in hearing how.
    You can start with the fact that it's founder was fond of saying that founding a religion would he a pretty good way of wringing money out of slow people. You could compare how many people, say Episcopalians bankrupt through "donations," how many are kidnapped and die of unrevealed causes while held captive, how many Abrahamic religions demand their adherents to purge non-believers from their social circles... you know, the textbook trademarks of a cult.

    http://southpark.cc.com/clips/104274...tually-believe
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #20
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,378
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're asking the difference between a religion and a cult. I believe its all a bunch of nonsense too, but i think there's a difference between a religion and a cult, and scientology is the latter.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in