1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Looking for a concealed Ankle Holster

    Hi Everyone.

    I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register. Hopefully I can get some help here.

    I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

    So can anybody here recommend some brands or models which are suitable my weapon? And are there any details I have to pay special attention to when I buy it?

    Any feedback is highly appreciated.

    Billy.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    197
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a specific holster recommendation for you as I don't carry around the ankle, but if you are interested in holsters at all, I would recommend reading Kathy Jackson's blog at The Cornered Cat.

    She has a, so far, 6 part series on what makes a good and/or better holster.
    I can't post links, but google Cornered Cat and you will find it.

  3. #3
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,142
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a particular reason you want an ankle holster? is this serving as a backup piece for your main CCW, or is this going to be the only gun you carry?

  4. #4
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,842
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBull.92 View Post
    Hi Everyone.

    I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register. Hopefully I can get some help here.

    I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

    So can anybody here recommend some brands or models which are suitable my weapon? And are there any details I have to pay special attention to when I buy it?

    Any feedback is highly appreciated.

    Billy.
    We were looking for a holster for my wife's revolver this weekend. Not ankle holster, but...

    Desantis is a well known and respected holster maker, for example.
    http://www.desantisholster.com/ANKLE...FZOBfgodPzQM_w
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    I don't have a specific holster recommendation for you as I don't carry around the ankle, but if you are interested in holsters at all, I would recommend reading Kathy Jackson's blog at The Cornered Cat.

    She has a, so far, 6 part series on what makes a good and/or better holster.
    I can't post links, but google Cornered Cat and you will find it.
    Great. I found in online. Just started reading.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Is there a particular reason you want an ankle holster? is this serving as a backup piece for your main CCW, or is this going to be the only gun you carry?
    Yeah exactly. It is just a backup.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    We were looking for a holster for my wife's revolver this weekend. Not ankle holster, but...

    Desantis is a well known and respected holster maker, for example.
    desantisholster.com/ANKLE-RIG?gclid=CNiDm_Ht0dMCFZOBfgodPzQM_w
    Alright. Thanks for this link. I'll check it out.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    531
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Is there a particular reason you want an ankle holster? is this serving as a backup piece for your main CCW, or is this going to be the only gun you carry?
    Galco, Desantis, Crossbreed, Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk are the manufacturers that immediately come to mind as having an established reputation. I can't say which of them make ankle holsters for a Nano, but I'm sure they all have easily searchable websites.

    I am not a fan of ankle carry in general, and never have had an ankle rig, so everything else I'm about to say is from personal observation, but not firsthand experience, so take it or leave it.

    Those individuals I know who do carry in an ankle rig tend to overwhelmingly​ gravitate to the Galco Ankle Glove. Full disclosure-they are mostly LEOs, so there may be some groupthink there, but they all seem perfect satisfied with it.

    Most of the complaints I hear about ankle holsters are about comfort, not staying in place, and allowing to much movement of the weapon. So, if I were in the market, I would definitely want to actually try it on if possible.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBull.92 View Post
    Hi Everyone.

    I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register. Hopefully I can get some help here.

    I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites like https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/ankle-holster. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

    So can anybody here recommend some brands or models which are suitable my weapon? And are there any details I have to pay special attention to when I buy it?

    Any feedback is highly appreciated.

    Billy.
    I finally found a nice one from Galco. Thanks for that advice!
    Last edited by BillyBull.92; 5/05/2017 4:35am at .

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    Galco, Desantis, Crossbreed, Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk are the manufacturers that immediately come to mind as having an established reputation.
    Great! Thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in