Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think "gullible Christians" accurately describes the people who donated to him.
    I mean can you really be a "Christian" and follow the wealth gospel though?
    I mean the two seem to be theologically opposed.
    You know with Jesus saying something something about a camel and a eye of a needle.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You know with Jesus saying something something about a camel and a eye of a needle.
    Doesn't this kind of prove the "gullible" part?? I think it's kind of funny that people who follow a religion that teaches how horrible greed is tend to flock to wealthy religious leaders. Seems to me they only read the parts they really want to follow.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Seems to me they only listen to the parts they really want to follow.
    Fixed it for the Catholic variation.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's important to separate early Christian philosophy, which is simple, inclusive, and humane, with the following 2,000 years orf dogma. Buddhism and Judaism are not that different. All these religions regardless of their foundational teachings have left global trails of blood in their wake.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think "gullible Christians" accurately describes the people who donated to him.
    To this day, people leave gifts of treasure, food, and baubles at the feet of Buddha statues. Are those gullible Buddhists?

Giving is a major endorphin rush for some people. Gullible implies they are naive...But doctors and other educated people gave Hinn money. The full range surely includes the naive, but other types as well....Philanthropists, humanists, the charitable all donate in addition to the stupid.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    To this day, people leave gifts of treasure, food, and baubles at the feet of Buddha statues. Are those gullible Buddhists?
    Yes, its a waste of those things. As for the other stuff charitable giving is not a gullible thing though it can be depending on the cause.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

Giving is a major endorphin rush for some people. Gullible implies they are naive...But doctors and other educated people gave Hinn money. The full range surely includes the naive, but other types as well....Philanthropists, humanists, the charitable all donate in addition to the stupid.
    Exactly. Everyone has a con they will fall for.
    Everyone.
    Hell many people know better and still do "it" for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Exactly. Everyone has a con they will fall for.
    Everyone.
    Hell many people know better and still do "it" for whatever reason.
    But she said she loved me...bawwwwwwwlllll....
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a self-admitted atheist. But, I am for freedom of religion, so long as you don't harm others. It is hard to reconcile the reasonable practice of praying over the sick, and people who are sick wanting to be prayed over, with the practice of people who are in the business of taking donations in return for offering psychic cures, magic powers, or who claim that they have special divine connections that will heal the sick - especially where the flow of money to accompany the activity is the norm. Another failure of caveat emptor at work. How do we navigate the civil liberty issue with the predations of con men and con women willing to prey/pray over a willing vulnerable population as they empty the wallets of that vulnerable population? If you are in the business of taking in monies for displays of faith healing, it would seem reasonable to be able to claim that you are holding yourself out to the public to be practicing medicine, with all the medical licensure that would otherwise require.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last