Page 83 of 90 First ... 3373798081828384858687 ... Last
  1. #821
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,233
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    2
    RBWI
    Silat
    Okinawan Te/Pressure Striking malarkey

  2. #822

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,358
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    RBWI
    Silat
    Okinawan Te/Pressure Striking malarkey
    RBWI is actually the same thing as "Warrior Training."

    I give Robert Bussey credit for at least switching to a name that was less embarrassing than "American Ninjutsu."
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  3. #823
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,233
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    1
    He was also kicked out the booj IIR which also would have caused the switch.

    Wasnt Bussey the self professed "king of combat" in those panther vid ads too?

    Also worth pointing out that technically of course a Ninja won a UFC.....technically

    Said ninja was also used as anal floss by Marco Ruas

  4. #824
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,465
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Here's a list of weird fighting styles from the early UFC (In no particular order). Tell me if I missed any:

    1. Survival
    2. Joesondo
    3. Extension Fighting
    4. Warrior Training
    5. SAFTA
    6. ASAX
    7. PitFighting
    8. Trapfighting
    9. Moo Yea Do
    10. White Tiger Kenpo Karate
    11. Shootfighting
    12. Sumo
    13. Tomiki Aikido
    14. Pro Wrestling
    15. Pakua Chan
    Ranger International Performance aka RIP(UFC 15).
    RIP rules all others rest in peace
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  5. #825
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,918
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Also worth pointing out that technically of course a Ninja won a UFC.....technically

    Said ninja was also used as anal floss by Marco Ruas
    Ninjas can get into places few others can. Steve Jennum was a ninja cop.

    Although I guess you could argue the a cop won a UFC instead, and leave the ninjutsu out of it. That's how I saw UFC3.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...fc-3-epic-fail

  6. #826

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,358
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Also worth pointing out that technically of course a Ninja won a UFC.....technically

    Said ninja was also used as anal floss by Marco Ruas
    Jennum had some supplementary training. From what I can gather, he actually owned his own school separate from RBWI and taught a quasi-MMA system based on Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ, and Taekwondo.

    Jeremy Horn was an RBWI student during the earliest phase of his career, though. Matt "Warrior Training" Andersen was actually his half-brother.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  7. #827

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    538
    Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Jennum had some supplementary training. From what I can gather, he actually owned his own school separate from RBWI and taught a quasi-MMA system based on Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ, and Taekwondo.

    Jeremy Horn was an RBWI student during the earliest phase of his career, though. Matt "Warrior Training" Andersen was actually his half-brother.
    so what?

    he CLAIMED to be ninja. or maybe the UFC did.
    but he didn't refute it afterwards. thus everything he did was ninjutsu. thus a ninja won a UFC.

    the same with aikido. when an aikidoka who also trains in bjj, uses a wristlock during a roll in bjj class, is using aikido. thus he is the example of effective aikido.

    same case with boxing. whenever a kung fu man spars with a guy who's wearing boxing gloves, the opponent is a boxer, as per kung fu man's claim on the video title.

    ninjutsu rules!!!

  8. #828
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,918
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    so what?

    he CLAIMED to be ninja. or maybe the UFC did.
    but he didn't refute it afterwards. thus everything he did was ninjutsu. thus a ninja won a UFC.

    the same with aikido. when an aikidoka who also trains in bjj, uses a wristlock during a roll in bjj class, is using aikido. thus he is the example of effective aikido.

    same case with boxing. whenever a kung fu man spars with a guy who's wearing boxing gloves, the opponent is a boxer, as per kung fu man's claim on the video title.

    ninjutsu rules!!!
    If only he'd used actual ninjutsu in the Octagon, you might be right.

    Unfortunately for all of Ninjadom, he did used these techniques instead:



    Before eventually getting his assed kicked by Pancrase fighters. So much for "nin".


  9. #829
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,918
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    This is for you.


  10. #830

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,358
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 8.44.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	17676
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Page 83 of 90 First ... 3373798081828384858687 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in