Page 71 of 79 First ... 2161676869707172737475 ... Last
  1. #701
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,724
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Is that Chris Farley?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  2. #702

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    898
    Style
    Karate
    Love it HM

  3. #703

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,329
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    2
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea if I posted a video about concussions?
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  4. #704
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,234
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea if I posted a video about concussions?
    I have some good numbers and info on the topic from past work with Rawlings on a helmet liner design.

    Still offering a knife HM.

  5. #705

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,329
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I have some good numbers and info on the topic from past work with Rawlings on a helmet liner design.

    Still offering a knife HM.
    I'll send you my hand size.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  6. #706
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,185
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea if I posted a video about concussions?
    I would love a video on concussions and brain trauma.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #707
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,320
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I would love a video on concussions and brain trauma.
    Put your iPhone in selfie mode, and press record ;)

  8. #708

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,329
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I would love a video on concussions and brain trauma.
    I want to balance out my advocacy of sparring with a dose of reality about the potential risks of their hobby.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  9. #709
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,185
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Put your iPhone in selfie mode, and press record ;)
    * applies salve to burned areas with tear stained cheeks *

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I want to balance out my advocacy of sparring with a dose of reality about the potential risks of their hobby.
    We recently were just discussing Kintanon and WhiteShark's sparring session where WS broke K's arm with what looked like a mild contact via a kick and parry/block. Of all the kicks and strikes K took, that one looked like it would have been the "least damaging". People should understand training combat sports is not for everyone and it is acceptable to play foot tag and patty cake and play at Judo and _JJ without competing at higher levels. Not everyone wants blacked eyes and a limp when they show up for work or school.

    I highly approve of the idea.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #710
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,320
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    We recently were just discussing Kintanon and WhiteShark's sparring session where WS broke K's arm with what looked like a mild contact via a kick and parry/block.
    I totally missed that incident. Was it before my time on BS?

Page 71 of 79 First ... 2161676869707172737475 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in