Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Morgan Jones - Martial Arts Fraud

bbcode img

I’ve had my eye on this guy for a few years now. His bizarre claims and unorthodox training methods caught my attention right away and I can no longer tolerate these behaviors without speaking up for the good of his students and for the martial arts community as a whole.

Morgan Jones’ behavior can only be described as…..odd. First, he claims to be a practitioner of Aikido but if any knowledgeable person observes him training, they will instantly recognize that what he does has no resemblance to Aikido. The entirety of his training revolves around the use of a traditional wooden staff. Nearly all of that training consists of practicing horrible bo kata. The rest of his training is made up of ineffective drills with dead patterns and a compliant partner.

Practicing actual Aikido is embarrassing enough. Having your entire martial arts world revolve around the bo staff is embarrassing enough. But erroneously describing your half-assed stick fighting as Aikido is unforgiveable. It is an indicator of a nearly nonexistent understanding of the martial arts in general.

Mr. Jones’ claims regarding the origins of his style and his martial arts lineage are dubious at best. According to Jones, he was trained in his art by some mysterious martial arts “master” known only as Eastman. Jones claims that Eastman is now deceased. Multiple attempts have been made to verify the martial arts credentials of Eastman and investigate his connection to Jones, but those efforts have been unsuccessful thus far. In fact, it has been impossible to prove that Eastman ever existed at all.

Furthermore, Jones apparently has no former training partners who can vouch for his experience or his relationship with Eastman. Jones’ explanation for this is that all of his training occurred one-on-one with Eastman at Eastman’s secluded farm at an undisclosed location. Considering those shady claims, it is unsurprising that Jones has been unable to produce any video of himself training with a resisting opponent and he has no verifiable competition history whatsoever. To his credit, Morgan Jones at least makes no claims about achieving any formal belt ranking in any martial art.

Nevertheless, Mr. Jones is presenting himself as a teacher of Aikido and is beginning to take on students. This should be of great concern to those interested in honesty and quality when evaluating the merits of a martial arts instructor. It’s one thing to delude yourself regarding your own fighting abilities. It is something else entirely to mislead potential students about your skill as an instructor and to instill a false sense of confidence in unsuspecting, inexperienced people.

Unfortunately, this overconfidence has already resulted in dire consequences. One of his students, a minor named Benjamin was tragically murdered in a confrontation with a local gang. Benjamin willingly placed himself in that position, armed with only a wooden staff. If Benjamin had been taught to avoid confrontation instead of relying on a primitive weapon to protect him from thugs, he would likely still be alive today.

This behavior can’t be tolerated within the martial arts community. In addition to being a terrible martial arts instructor, Jones is known to exhibit some classic symptoms of mental illness. His behavior is often erratic. He claims to believe in non-violent methods of conflict resolution but often resorts to violence himself, sometimes unprovoked. His mental instability may have been triggered by the unfortunate loss of his wife and son. While understandable, others can’t be put in danger as a result of their instructor’s fragile mental state.

Please help spread the message that Morgan Jones is an unqualified teacher, an inexperienced martial artist, and is likely mentally ill. Potential martial arts students should avoid him at all costs.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought he was just stupid until I got to the bit where his bullshit got a child killed. Jesus Christ someone should beat the **** out of him and post the video on youtube or something.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

bbcode img

Iíve had my eye on this guy for a few years now. His bizarre claims and unorthodox training methods caught my attention right away and I can no longer tolerate these behaviors without speaking up for the good of his students and for the martial arts community as a whole.

Morgan Jonesí behavior can only be described asÖ..odd. First, he claims to be a practitioner of Aikido but if any knowledgeable person observes him training, they will instantly recognize that what he does has no resemblance to Aikido. The entirety of his training revolves around the use of a traditional wooden staff. Nearly all of that training consists of practicing horrible bo kata. The rest of his training is made up of ineffective drills with dead patterns and a compliant partner.

Practicing actual Aikido is embarrassing enough. Having your entire martial arts world revolve around the bo staff is embarrassing enough. But erroneously describing your half-assed stick fighting as Aikido is unforgiveable. It is an indicator of a nearly nonexistent understanding of the martial arts in general.

Mr. Jonesí claims regarding the origins of his style and his martial arts lineage are dubious at best. According to Jones, he was trained in his art by some mysterious martial arts ďmasterĒ known only as Eastman. Jones claims that Eastman is now deceased. Multiple attempts have been made to verify the martial arts credentials of Eastman and investigate his connection to Jones, but those efforts have been unsuccessful thus far. In fact, it has been impossible to prove that Eastman ever existed at all.

Furthermore, Jones apparently has no former training partners who can vouch for his experience or his relationship with Eastman. Jonesí explanation for this is that all of his training occurred one-on-one with Eastman at Eastmanís secluded farm at an undisclosed location. Considering those shady claims, it is unsurprising that Jones has been unable to produce any video of himself training with a resisting opponent and he has no verifiable competition history whatsoever. To his credit, Morgan Jones at least makes no claims about achieving any formal belt ranking in any martial art.

Nevertheless, Mr. Jones is presenting himself as a teacher of Aikido and is beginning to take on students. This should be of great concern to those interested in honesty and quality when evaluating the merits of a martial arts instructor. Itís one thing to delude yourself regarding your own fighting abilities. It is something else entirely to mislead potential students about your skill as an instructor and to instill a false sense of confidence in unsuspecting, inexperienced people.

Unfortunately, this overconfidence has already resulted in dire consequences. One of his students, a minor named Benjamin was tragically murdered in a confrontation with a local gang. Benjamin willingly placed himself in that position, armed with only a wooden staff. If Benjamin had been taught to avoid confrontation instead of relying on a primitive weapon to protect him from thugs, he would likely still be alive today.

This behavior canít be tolerated within the martial arts community. In addition to being a terrible martial arts instructor, Jones is known to exhibit some classic symptoms of mental illness. His behavior is often erratic. He claims to believe in non-violent methods of conflict resolution but often resorts to violence himself, sometimes unprovoked. His mental instability may have been triggered by the unfortunate loss of his wife and son. While understandable, others canít be put in danger as a result of their instructorís fragile mental state.

Please help spread the message that Morgan Jones is an unqualified teacher, an inexperienced martial artist, and is likely mentally ill. Potential martial arts students should avoid him at all costs.
    I unfortunately have seen him freak out and use his Bo with malice. The idea that he is a non-violent man is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 3/20/2017 12:12pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I thought he was just stupid until I got to the bit where his bullshit got a child killed. Jesus Christ someone should beat the **** out of him and post the video on youtube or something.
    Totally irresponsible.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I unfortunately have seen him freak out and use his Bo with malice. The idea that he is a non-violent man is ridiculous.
    I suspect he uses his bo out of fear because he hasn't grown comfortable with physical conflict due to the lack of aliveness in his training.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does he do for a living?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I suspect he uses his bo out of fear because he hasn't grown comfortable with physical conflict due to the lack of aliveness in his training.
    Indeed, all his training seems to be geared towards fighting slow moving attackers with the agility of a zombie. I think it's fair to call these dead patterns.
    If he fights a committed attacker , even if he has a stick ,I assume they will give him a run for his money.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Some sort of pseudo Buddhist monk best I can tell. I assume he gets money for being a wing nut.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    He's unemployed, as far as I can tell. Wanders around, staying with friends. Doing odd jobs around town.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil... I hate you.

Other than that, this was totally brilliant.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last