Page 2 of 14 First 12345612 ... Last

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    These stories need to be organic. Stop trying to force story lines that just don't work. Amadeus Cho was great as his own character not as Hulk. Shang Chi is good as his own character not as a new Iron Man.
    Cho is great as Hulk, and I'm glad Hawkeye killed Bruce. Come at me bro.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay this is story is transparent is it appears to be in the first 15 minutes.?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The argument that was put to me was that since so many Asian-based stories have featured Caucasians playing the role of White Savior, this was an opportunity to correct that.
    This is a fallacious argument presented by people pushing their agenda. The Last Samurai is where you make this argument. No, you make TV shows about Asian characters you have already created. So, maybe they should have done a show based on Colleen Wing. Also, as Omega noted, do Shang Chi.

Most people have little to no idea who Jessica Jones is or was and look what happened. You do a good show and people will watch.

I still find it funny how huge the uproar is about Danny Rand and Steve Harvey's jokes, but there was only a minor Blip when The Ancient one was played by a British Woman. No, the uproar was nowhere near the crying FOR THREE YEARS over Iron Fist being white.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/18/2017 1:29am at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Used to kick me in the balls every chance you got. Obviously the villain was a student of Krabby McGraw.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping the reviews where whiny cry baby **** like some of the ones for Luke Cage. Unfortunately, while some are overly dramatic, this is a pretty average show. Compared to the other four marvel Netflix seasons, it is sub par.

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure if I have the patience for another one of these. Luke Cage was pretty draggy already. I'm all in with Jessica Jones though, that was fantastic. Hope season 2 can be as good. Daredevil fell off considerably from season 1 to 2.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daredevil season 2 was worth it just for the punisher stuff.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally, two of the most prominent characters in Marvel's ABC show are Chinese and half-Chinese respectively:

Honestly, I really don't give much of a **** when TV/movie adaptations switch around the races of characters from books. Unless race is a critical, defining feature of the character (Which, admittedly, is usually more the case with non-white characters in American works), I'm cool with it so long as the finished product is actually good. I was fine with Michael Clark Duncan Kingpin (He was one of the saving graces of the 2003 Daredevil movie), for instance, and black Ben Urich was good, too. I more than likely would've been OK with an Asian Danny Rand, as well.

Here's the thing, though: When the creators of an adaptation decide to stay true to their source material and NOT color-paint a canonically white character, bloggers should shut the **** up as they have no reason to complain. I understand Hollywood has a history of whitewashing "ethnic" characters, but two Wongs don't make a White.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I understand Hollywood has a history of whitewashing "ethnic" characters, but two Wongs don't make a White.
    indeed

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Initial thoughts on first few episodes. The story line is decent but the fighting choreography is terrible. I think they're truly trying to emphasize the Chi Kung aspect of the K'un L'un style.

Page 2 of 14 First 12345612 ... Last