Thread: Jits magazine

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jits magazine

My professor and training buddy are featured in volume 24 (current issue?) of jits magazine. I havnt gotten a chance to read the article but it may have something to do with the worlds masters last year.

Steve is a blue belt and i think 63 years old. He was a kick boxer for years and did some filipino martial arts. He stopped kick boxing due to it gets harder the older you become. He started Judo at 56 and stopped at 59 or 60. Took up bjj and stil going strong sometimes even training twice a day.

He had never competed in any combat sport. Then last year my coach asked him if he wanted to go to vegas which steve replied 'sure i'll hold your bags' where my coach replied back 'nah your going to compete with me'. Steve fought 4 times and took a home a silver medal.

Hes a friendly straight up no nonsense guy. Got some cool ground techs from his judo experience (think hes a brown belt). Trained for a few years with mark hunt even went with mark to japan a few times when mark was fighting there.

Coach is currently at the PanAms, he travels overseas at least once a year to compete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0487.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	17320  

Last edited by Kravbizarre; 3/15/2017 9:30pm at .