Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    So I signed up with Planet Fatness...

    Roast me...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	299b759450d7a139356ffe5fbe98ed8a.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	17311
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eating-pizza.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	17312
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ef85cc0806a594595f15692c0c16c31f.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	17313
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 3/15/2017 12:14am at .

  2. #2
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,142
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But they're already busy roasting lard or something.

  3. #3
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    But they're already busy roasting lard or something.
    They had a BUCKET of Tootsie rolls at the front counter.

  4. #4
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,142
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    They had a BUCKET of Tootsie rolls at the front counter.
    Their business model depends on their customers staying fat and only coming in for the free pizza occasionally.

  5. #5
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Their business model depends on their customers staying fat and only coming in for the free pizza occasionally.
    Half of the staff were in worse shape than me. And not like a little fatter than me. I mean fooking fat.
    Upside though is the facility is huge, lots of stations for everything, it's the cheapest gym I've ever seen and $20 a month gets you free tanning, unlimited guest passes and access to any P.F. in the Nation.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    940
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Free tanning?

    So on top of trying to keep their customers fat they are actively trying to give them skin cancer as well?!

    Are you absolutely certain this gym isn't some sort of tax write off for Dr. Evil?

  7. #7
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Half of the staff were in worse shape than me. And not like a little fatter than me. I mean fooking fat.
    Upside though is the facility is huge, lots of stations for everything, it's the cheapest gym I've ever seen and $20 a month gets you free tanning, unlimited guest passes and access to any P.F. in the Nation.
    I use work out there....
    A "Lunk" alarm goes off if you bang weights around by lifting heavy weight. It's kind of embarrassing. A loud siren goes off over a a sign that says "Lunk alarm" and the fat asses behind the desk will talk to you about making all the fat weak people feel bad about themselves by trying hard in front of them.

    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 3/15/2017 1:04am at .

  8. #8
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Free tanning?

    So on top of trying to keep their customers fat they are actively trying to give them skin cancer as well?!

    Are you absolutely certain this gym isn't some sort of tax write off for Dr. Evil?
    I have seen nothing so far that would contradict your hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I use work out there....
    A "Lunk" alarm goes off if you bang weights around by lifting heavy weight. It's kind of embarrassing. A loud siren goes off over a a sign that says "Lunk alarm" and the fat asses behind the desk will talk to you about making all the fat weak people feel bad about themselves be trying hard in front of them.
    Wait. The machines are wired to sound an alarm?

  9. #9
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I have seen nothing so far that would contradict your hypothesis.

    Wait. The machines are wired to sound an alarm?
    I believe it's just a decibel meter or one of the fucks behind the desk control it. Yea, it's literally a loud ass siren that goes off.

  10. #10
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I believe it's just a decibel meter or one of the fucks behind the desk control it. Yea, it's literally a loud ass siren that goes off.
    Wierd. I'm not too noisy when I work out. Some clacking and clanging but I don't slam weights.
    I don't like maxing in general. It's feels cool as hell in the moment but then it messes up my recovery and I wind up missing workouts.
    These days I go for @ 80℅ max.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in