Page 3 of 30 First 123456713 ... Last
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    . Now, on the other hand, Floyd is fucking old. There's no denying that. And when fighters get too old, **** happens. I
    this is a large contributing factor in my decision. Father time waits for no man, Especially strikers.

Style
    Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido
    I know this has been getting tossed around for awhile, but just to be sure, this is for a straight up boxing match right? No special rule sets or anything?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    I know this has been getting tossed around for awhile, but just to be sure, this is for a straight up boxing match right? No special rule sets or anything?
    Theres no contract but I assume so. If it's kickboxing Connor will merc him.

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    I just don't think trickery or gimmicky bullshit is going to get it done. I don't think Conor can get it done, period. Is it possible? Yeah, in the same way most other **** that is damn near impossible is technically still possible. I think Floyd would make Conor look stupid.
    but wouldnt seeing conor look stupid be really satisfying?

Style
    Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Theres no contract but I assume so. If it's kickboxing Connor will merc him.
    I would assume Mayweather doesn't want to be on the receiving end of a Couture vs Toney type fight, but you never know...

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The Diaz Brothers have an odd style but lets not act like it's not effective as hell.
    Come on, man. If you're about to fight Floyd Mayweather but got outstruck by Nate Diaz, that is a legitimate cause for concern. You can't really spin that to make a convincing argument that it's no big deal. I've heard Nate and Nick talk about their boxing quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they know exactly where they stand. They are not delusional. They do not walk around with the idea that they could be successful as professional boxers at the highest level.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narimasu773 View Post
    but wouldnt seeing conor look stupid be really satisfying?
    Not all that satisfying, really because I wouldn't be able to stop being impressed that he was actually a good enough salesman to make that fight and that payday happen for himself. And it's not like Mayweather is a big puncher. Conor probably won't get hurt at all. He'll just get pointed to death, most likely.

Now, on the other hand, if the unlikely happens and Conor catches Mayweather and puts his lights out, that would be hugely satisfying. MMA wins again, and all that. Oh my God, could you even imagine the fucking butthurt within the boxing community?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Come on, man. If you're about to fight Floyd Mayweather but got outstruck by Nate Diaz, that is a legitimate cause for concern. You can't really spin that to make a convincing argument that it's no big deal. I've heard Nate and Nick talk about their boxing quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they know exactly where they stand. They are not delusional. They do not walk around with the idea that they could be successful as professional boxers at the highest level.

Nick was gonna fight Left Hook Lacey like 7 years ago. Then the UFC picked up his contract and squashed that idea.

This thread appears to have been posted in the wrong section. I suggest it be moved to Sherdog where it belongs.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    All this being said , my opinion on the matter is that Floyd will likely win, but there is value in McGregor at the right odds.

If McGregor isn't at least 15-1 I won't bet it. He's currently 7.5 -1

Page 3 of 30 First 123456713 ... Last