Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. #41
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Also wondering how to finish these on the fuckers who refuse to play. They tuck their chin, and grab their own collar on each side. I mean, I can be mean and make them let go, but is their a key to making the choke work regardless?
    In competition my collar choke strips skin from the gi burn and can dislocate jaws if they duck their chin. I had to have a match stopped as a bluee belt to keep getting his blood cleaned off from my cross choke from guard. Obviously you want to go with varying degrees of intensity in class but the point stands. The leverage created by properly executing will generally be unstoppable if your grips are deep and you choke like I instructed. It's how Roger Gracie finishes everyone. You don't think one of those other black belt world champ's thought to drop their chin? It's in the wrists and hits the carotid arteries from the side. The chin really can't get in the way as much as it would need to, if you do it right.
    I don't stop choking because someone drops their chin unless they are a new student. I will explain that doesn't work by itself and it's just part of a larger escape plan. It just buys you a second or so. The next time I choke right through it, the same goes for rear naked chokes. They are two of my specialties.
    I have been choking this way since white belt.

  2. #42
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,798
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    How to choke and maim for fun. (My little girl shot the video ..... sooooo it could have been a bit better.)





    You talk, wrastle, and teach good.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #43
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You talk, wrastle, and teach good.
    Thank you for sharing.
    That phrase was in my wife's wedding vows.

  4. #44
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,865
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was his voice at first,
    it sounded like there was some distortion
    or was he deliberately being falsetto.
    But, I think that is his actual voice.
    Still, it was very nice that he made and posted the videos.
    Pretty cool.
    Yeah that's. Normally $$$/hour and well worth the money.

    those of us who get excellent instruction on a weekly basis I think sometimes forget not everybody is so fortunate.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in