Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I don't think that the fear was of trans people attacking anyone in a restroom. I think it had more to do with the chance (small?) that a sexual predator (likely male) would cross-dress in order to get access to the women's bathroom.

Of course, that could happen now, and criminals do criminal stuff regardless of the law (that's why they are criminals). Or maybe it was that some dude would be like, yeah, I ID as female (but he has cock and balls and a five o'clock shadow).

I have not heard any issues with women ID'ing as men or whatever in-between attacking anybody in the men's room...

To me, if a guy gets emasculated and takes hormones, let him pee in the ladies room, for dog's sake. And I'm a "conservative". How is anybody going to know the difference, are they going to inspect junk at the door?

If a woman who IDs as male want's to go into that nasty, smelly, mens' room at the truck stop or rest area on the highway at 0200 with piss on the floor and some trucker wanting his cock sucked, and no toilet paper, and sit down, well, more power to "him".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    There are two genders. If you have a penis you're a dude. If you have a vagina you're a chick. Anyone who has a penis and thinks they are a girl is mentally ill. Anyone who has a vagina and thinks they're a dude is mentally ill. In the rare case that you were born with both a penis and a vagina, then you are both genders. There is no third gender.

The argument about people getting raped in bathrooms is irrelevant. If you have a penis, you go to the men's room. If you have a vagina you go to the ladies' room. It doesn't matter what you "identify" as. You are what you are. If you have a penis and identify as a female, a wookie, a transformer, or whatever.....still, men's room. This **** is simple.
    what about a post-op trans?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narimasu773 View Post
    what about a post-op trans?
    I think you can figure this out. Penis or vagina?

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Personally I see the issue as a red herring that is being taken up by extreme activists on both sides, and at the end of the day doesn't matter one bit. If a biological woman who is a trans man, enters the men's room, do you really think that any homophobic straight dude is going to be checking our their junk? Can say the reverse about a biological male.

More awkward for everyone involved would be a person presenting as one gender were to enter the restroom of the other. I would be willing to wager for those places that "legalize" it, nothing changes from the day before to the day after. Likewise for those that "outlaw" it, nothing really changes, the trans folk just need to be more careful, lest some wing nut out them to either make them a martyr or persecute them(yep I'm saying extremists from both sides will out them).

Personally, I generally find public restrooms revolting with rare exception, and believe that anyone unfortunate enough to have to brave one, ought to be able to do so in a manner that makes them the most comfortable.
    it isnt a question of legalizing it, trans people have been using the bathroom for years and years, it just recently became an issue to try to stop them.

trans folk already need to be really careful, they have a rate of assault and sexual assault against them that rivals prostitutes, its even worse after republicans brought them more into the public eye.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    But really, that is the wrong way to go about the discussion. The first order of business is to determine what SHOULD be. And I say what should be is that penises go to the men's room and vaginas go to the ladies' room.

After you determine your standard, then you can address any logistical issues and exceptions. Like, what if they have both. But you should not base your standard on those exceptions.

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think you can figure this out. Penis or vagina?
    born with penis. Had it removed. No penis. however it still says "male" on the birth certificate.

born with penis. Had it removed. No penis. however it still says "male" on the birth certificate.
    What does my rule say about that?

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    what about a man who accidentally lost his penis in a tragic penis related accident? how does that fit with your rule?

what about a man who accidentally lost his penis in a tragic penis related accident? how does that fit with your rule?
    That example is the one you've chosen to attempt to trip me up with? Really? Try harder.

What about a man who has a tattoo of a vagina?

What about a man who behaves like a *****?

What about people who lit their own dick on fire because mommy touched them on it?

Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last