Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... no repeal?

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    So after reviewing the proposal, what is your first impression?
    It's crap, as in the same crap the GOP would have put forward during GWB's term, IF Jesus returned to the Earth and forced them to put out a universal health care plan.

Instead they're forced to actually try to avoid dismantling a now-popular law because they 1) didn't do anything to help craft it, just resisted, and 2) never worked on a better solution.

The ACA is basically a land mine Obama left behind. The GOP could never have totally gotten rid of it without taking a political hit, and now they're 100% responsible for fixing any and all flaws.

A work of genius.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 3/07/2017 7:29pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    It's crap, as in the same crap the GOP would have put forward during GWB's term, IF Jesus returned to the Earth and forced them to put out a universal health care plan.

Instead they're forced to actually try to avoid dismantling a now-popular law because they 1) didn't do anything to help craft it, just resisted, and 2) never worked on a better solution.

The ACA is basically a land mine Obama left behind. The GOP could never have totally gotten rid of it without taking a political hit, and now they're 100% responsible for fixing any and all flaws.

A work of genius.
    I agree and have stated similar opinion.

Obama brilliantly got the camel's nose under the tent regarding yet another entitlement with the ACA.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that the true problem is not insurance but the extreme cost of healthcare in general.

Poor people go into debt to keep their children alive while doctors live in million dollar houses....

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The main problem of Obamacare is how the word "Obama" makes it immediately distasteful to conservatives.
    Which is actually kind of a best-case scenario: Obamacare gets to stay Obamacare with some tweaking to fix the most broken parts and is thus relaunched as Trumpcare or Americacare or Jesuscare or whatever.

Absolute ecstasy from Republicans everywhere! And a major achievement for Trump if he manages to do that. He's already said that he likes certain parts of Obamacare - he just needs to sell a retool of it as a "repeal" to his fuckwitted fanbase.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickosaurus View Post
    I'm British so can't really claim to know the American healthcare system

I guess the Republicans had to frame it as a repeal, they have been telling their voters that ACA is a disaster an affront to 'Freedom' and against the American way. I have always wondered how Christian values mix with being happy to watch someones entire family go bankrupt fighting a serious illness. Pro life until birth but after you can go to the gutter to die, but could you do it quietly please.

Will be interesting to see what removing the mandate to get coverage does to the cost of healthcare for older voters their premiums will rise of the insurers can't offset the cost using younger voters who may decide to take the risk to opt out. That would be a mistake of course, no one knows when they are about to need serious healthcare.

well, since you're in the UK, which has universal healthcare that is running out of money, you may be in a position to give some perspective on the conservative position that universal healthcare isn't something we can pay for.

i hear people from labour talking about how it's failing because the tories have cut funding, and i just saw the budget hearing today (thanks BBC news, i'm so glad we got live coverage of that and not the world headlines, ZZZZZZZZZ...) where it was being claimed that the tories are doing their jobs and not increasing debts that our children will have to pay off.

what's your take? how does healthcare work for you? what "class" are you? do you or your employer choose to pay for private insurance?

i refuse to live in an echo-chamber where i only hear the liberal side, i want actual examples of how these systems work or fail to work properly.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Narimasu773 View Post
    I think that the true problem is not insurance but the extreme cost of healthcare in general.

Poor people go into debt to keep their children alive while doctors live in million dollar houses....
    I agree that rising cost of health care is a major if not THE problem.

You have to ask yourself why healthcare costs keep going up at a greater rate than inflation.

And ask yourself what having a middle-man in any sort of situation does to prices.

And ask yourself how much time, effort, and money (debt) it costs to become a physician.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Trumpcare or Americacare or Jesuscare or whatever.
    The formal title is "World’s Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017"

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So here is the bill
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/1275/text

Please note the actual goddamn simple minded lowest common denominator and embarrassing title:
    H.R.1275 - World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017
    From there everything seems to rapidly descend into completely random modifiers and addons thrown together over a weekend, like some sort of nightmarish Community College group project where everyone did a few pages and no one could get it all together in any cohesive manner. Oh and it is six weeks late, and your teacher is demanding it now because 90% of the work was done to an acceptable level by the last class, and your current classmates helped created and signed off on it then.

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    The formal title is "World’s Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017"
    I am so glad someone else noticed...
    Last edited by Christmas Spirit; 3/08/2017 4:43pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last