Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Why do people have to be so goddamn weird? You were born a girl. You're a girl. Be a girl. If you want to be a fucking weirdo, don't be surprised when the world takes away the **** you like.
    "I can't into neurology but it's the internet so my blatantly uninformed opinion should be treated as fact."

Go **** yourself.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Why do people have to be so goddamn weird? You were born a girl. You're a girl. Be a girl. If you want to be a fucking weirdo, don't be surprised when the world takes away the **** you like.
    This is the same simple minded and narrowly focused thinking that leads you to believe violence is going to stop a Ideology or a Religion.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Simple minded isn't right and deceptive... hmmm...

"Simple answer answer seeking behavior" would be way more accurate.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So it's a young woman on testosterone wrestling other women who are not on testosterone. That's not particularly Fair. I would say this person should have to choose between switching their gender identity or wrestling. Or and all I know it's against the rules wrestle with the boys.
    Is this issue with this more that they are forcing him to wrestle based on his birth gender as opposed to the logical step of putting him in the male category? I've seen varying takes on this news story at this point.

If he's happy to wrestle other dudes and the wrestlers are fine with it, whats the problem?

It's a bit harder to work with in the case of MTF because they retain the frame of men (though reportedly the complete T cut off means theyre stamina and lung capacity reduce to the point of top tier suckitude). But with FTM I understand they basically gain denser bones and strength comparable to natural men after a couple of years.

Then again even with the transgender statistics, theres a lot more male to female than female to male, so I doubt theres any definitive studies to compare trans athletes definitively. It should be at a point of discretion and common sense, like how the Olympics handles it.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    I think that, if this transgender female to male things becomes a relevant problem in sports, it would be possible to have a special rules for transgenders that says explicitly what is the maximum quantity of testosterone a transgender athlethe can use, and thel let them compete with boys.

I don't think the same could work with transgender male to female, though: they would still be forced to compete with boys in this kind of sports.

Some time ago (I think last year) I went to a judo stage held by a famous italian olympic gold medalist. During said stage, we had some randori and I played with a towering man (something like He-man but taller and black haired), but then I realized that said man had boobs (or remnants of boobs). I assume he was originaily a girl who later assumed a lot of testosterone to become a man, I assume he also did some bodybuilding.
    The problem is that he had such a strong and muscular body that, I think, can be explained only by really a lot of hormones, and as such it would be unfair to a male who doesn't assume hormones to have a match with someone like him.
    (I couldn't throw him, in case you are curious).

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I think that, if this transgender female to male things becomes a relevant problem in sports, it would be possible to have a special rules for transgenders that says explicitly what is the maximum quantity of testosterone a transgender athlethe can use, and thel let them compete with boys.

I don't think the same could work with transgender male to female, though: they would still be forced to compete with boys in this kind of sports.

Some time ago (I think last year) I went to a judo stage held by a famous italian olympic gold medalist. During said stage, we had some randori and I played with a towering man (something like He-man but taller and black haired), but then I realized that said man had boobs (or remnants of boobs). I assume he was originaily a girl who later assumed a lot of testosterone to become a man, I assume he also did some bodybuilding.
    The problem is that he had such a strong and muscular body that, I think, can be explained only by really a lot of hormones, and as such it would be unfair to a male who doesn't assume hormones to have a match with someone like him.
    (I couldn't throw him, in case you are curious).
    Interesting thing, theres rules for the olympic sports about how long into transition you have to be before you can be considered for sports (Im aware at one stage there was debate on if you have to be post op or not in the case of male to female, but thats been contested a few times and Im not aware of any rule changes). Im sure there can be tests done to see if their hormones are in the normal ranges.

What I find interesting is that MTF athletes in general all seem to struggle with endurance (I believe Fallon Fox has commented on this) apparently lung capacity reduces when youve transitioned (though its a slow process like transition itself) so you effectively have the same size body with less functional lungs. Strength wise apparently the drop in that takes the longest. It would be interesting to study how transgender athletes in combat sports have their perfomances altered, though I doubt theres many trans athletes in combat sports.

Page 2 of 2 First 12