Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So how does Bullshido feel about Isao Machii?

i was impressed. Wondered if you all had any opinions on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy-8Id1svc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Narimasu773 View Post
    i was impressed. Wondered if you all had any opinions on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy-8Id1svc
    It's hard to say whether it's a set up act or pure skill, if it's pure skill then it's impressive.

Style
    Cardio
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's hard to say whether it's a set up act or pure skill, if it's pure skill then it's impressive.
    I'm thinking an element of both. Set up as in finding the optimum range for that gun, probably a fair bit of trial and error, then his skill will all be in the timing and blade positioning. It's still impressive to see.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how they pretend this was a first take and how it must be "super human" despite ... you know ... a human doing it with a high speed camera which always requires a very strictly framed shot.

Intellectual dishonesty is amazing.

alternately: Do these fucking people not watch professional sports or the Olympics?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I like how they pretend this was a first take and how it must be "super human" despite ... you know ... a human doing it with a high speed camera which always requires a very strictly framed shot.

Intellectual dishonesty is amazing.

alternately: Do these fucking people not watch professional sports or the Olympics?
    Probably not. I would say there are a few MLB hitters who could probably come close to that type of precision. Although he does have good blade control.

Style
    Muay Thai, HEMA, SCA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he holds a lot of Guinness records for his sword skills. "Most martial arts katana cuts to one mat (suegiri)""Fastest 1,000 martial arts sword cuts" "Most sword cuts to straw mats in three minutes", and "Fastest tennis ball (820 km/h) cut by sword".

and i should think hitting a bb with a sword is a little harder than hitting a baseball with a bat.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he holds a lot of Guinness records for his sword skills. "Most martial arts katana cuts to one mat (suegiri)""Fastest 1,000 martial arts sword cuts" "Most sword cuts to straw mats in three minutes", and "Fastest tennis ball (820 km/h) cut by sword".

and i should think hitting a bb with a sword is a little harder than hitting a baseball with a bat.
    If he's hitting the bb's legit then yes I agree. If he's hitting bb's that are shot to a specific spot so he can hit then though would another story.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he's hitting the bb's legit then yes I agree. If he's hitting bb's that are shot to a specific spot so he can hit then though would another story.
    I would say that even if the BBs are being shot to a specific spot, it's still pretty impressive in regards to reaction time and precision control of the blade.

My general impression, assuming that the demonstration is legit, is that the guy is a genetic freak, and has something inherent to his physiology that is simply not going to be found in the human populace at large. Just like the fast twitch muscle fibers in Olympic power lifters, and the way the muscles of the best marathon runners burn oxygen, this guy is just different than the overwhelming majority of humanity, in a way that would allow him to pull this off.

As long as he doesn't claim that this has to do with meditation, focusing chi, higher existential planes of combat existent or some other mystical fuckery, and he doesn't open up a sword school promising students that if they study (I.e. PAY HIM) long enough, eventually they will unlock this awesome power from within themselves, then good for him-seriously.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably not. I would say there are a few MLB hitters who could probably come close to that type of precision. Although he does have good blade control.
    I would see that as a probability.

I still think this is something that a very small and select minority of human beings would even be physically capable of.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Perhaps, but that doesn't preclude anyone else from being capable of it, should they decide that it is more rewarding to hit BBs with swords, instead of baseballs with bats.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last