Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Also, the link in post no.7 had Mr Kasten last week defined as a BJJ Brown belt. This link is now dead and he is now a Jiu Jitsu brown belt.

For me this is more a matter of credibility. Steven clearly has jiu jitsu skills, which even his former instructor acknowledges whilst not-so-subtly implying a personal falling out. There would be no shame in him running a BJJ class as a purple belt if that is what he is graded as. My instructor (who only received his black belt from a visiting JT Torres last year) was a purple belt when I started training with him 5 years ago.

He also seems to have skills sufficient to be graded to a Brown belt (given the competitive record). It shouldn't be too hard to find someone to affiliate with and rank to that level (if he hasn't already). It's just a matter of being honest about it and doing it right.
    y
    This is true. But how does the fact that they removed "bjj" from his brown belt page not scream red flag to everyone on here? People keep saying I haven't proven anything but my information led to his instructor admitting he left a purple belt and promoted himself to brown. There was no time in between, there was no legit black belt that graded him up, there still aren't that many black belts in Suffolk County, we all know each other! He is very aware of this thread going on now, and refuses to come defend himself because he knows he is guilty.

I will be trying to get him on the phone before the weekend, and record the conversation. I will post the transcript and keep the audio file as proof for any further dispute. There is no chance this guy says he got his brown belt after the fact. And they blatantly are teaching bjj over there, from what i gather that is the only thing they teach in that school. His belt also has the bar.

Style
    wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And OMG just as I predicted in one of my first posts his original bio link claiming bjj brown belt is dead. I stated they would delete it once they caught wind of this and they did! Obviously someone who was actually a legit brown belt would never take that page down, and they would put this whole thing to rest very quickly by naming the person who promoted them!

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    And OMG just as I predicted in one of my first posts his original bio link claiming bjj brown belt is dead. I stated they would delete it once they caught wind of this and they did! Obviously someone who was actually a legit brown belt would never take that page down, and they would put this whole thing to rest very quickly by naming the person who promoted them!
    Before you take your victory lap, would like to point out you still haven't actually proven anything. All you have done is repeat the same unsubstantiated claims and been generally a troll.

Style
    BJJ, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    y
    This is true. But how does the fact that they removed "bjj" from his brown belt page not scream red flag to everyone on here? People keep saying I haven't proven anything but my information led to his instructor admitting he left a purple belt and promoted himself to brown. There was no time in between, there was no legit black belt that graded him up, there still aren't that many black belts in Suffolk County, we all know each other! He is very aware of this thread going on now, and refuses to come defend himself because he knows he is guilty.

I will be trying to get him on the phone before the weekend, and record the conversation. I will post the transcript and keep the audio file as proof for any further dispute. There is no chance this guy says he got his brown belt after the fact. And they blatantly are teaching bjj over there, from what i gather that is the only thing they teach in that school. His belt also has the bar.
    I'm pretty sure recording someone without their permission and publicizing it is illegal in the state of NY.........and are you the person who broke the front window in the middle of the night?? that is not cool if this is you, .... please don't vandalize and remain respectful during your witch hunt. thanks

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/new-york-recording-law

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    I'm pretty sure recording someone without their permission and publicizing it is illegal in the state of NY.........and are you the person who broke the front window in the middle of the night?? that is not cool if this is you, .... please don't vandalize and remain respectful during your witch hunt. thanks

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/new-york-recording-law
    The law you cited states one party consent. So if Mr. Alchemyfraud is doing the calling, he is the one necessary party. Though really if we have to resort to sorts of tactics Linda Tripp used on Monica Lewinsky this situation is far more messed up than bears mentioning.

To Alchemyfraud: Please stop making unsubstantiated claims. Provide evidence or take a hike.

To Alchemyrealdeal: Same thing. You claim to be a student there, it shouldn't be hard for you to at least get the name of who promoted your coach. Belts in BJJ are hard won to the point that each one is a point of pride(actually even stripes are that way in some schools). Most will talk easily and vociferously about who promoted them. For instance when I asked my own coach who he got his black belt from, I was treated to a story of getting promoted up through various belts to brown by Elcio Figueiredo a Carlson Gracie BB, and then him getting his black belt from Neury Gomes also a Carlson Gracie Black Belt. It is also entirely normative for BJJ instructors to publicly post who promoted them to their belt. So as a student you should have no problem acquiring and passing on such information.

Also if you could please clarify what you meant by who you will be competing under at worlds it would help greatly.

Style
    BJJ, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    The law you cited states one party consent. So if Mr. Alchemyfraud is doing the calling, he is the one necessary party. Though really if we have to resort to sorts of tactics Linda Tripp used on Monica Lewinsky this situation is far more messed up than bears mentioning.

To Alchemyfraud: Please stop making unsubstantiated claims. Provide evidence or take a hike.

To Alchemyrealdeal: Same thing. You claim to be a student there, it shouldn't be hard for you to at least get the name of who promoted your coach. Belts in BJJ are hard won to the point that each one is a point of pride(actually even stripes are that way in some schools). Most will talk easily and vociferously about who promoted them. For instance when I asked my own coach who he got his black belt from, I was treated to a story of getting promoted up through various belts to brown by Elcio Figueiredo a Carlson Gracie BB, and then him getting his black belt from Neury Gomes also a Carlson Gracie Black Belt. It is also entirely normative for BJJ instructors to publicly post who promoted them to their belt. So as a student you should have no problem acquiring and passing on such information.

Also if you could please clarify what you meant by who you will be competing under at worlds it would help greatly.
    you are correct, I could easy ask and I probably already know based on many conversations I have been apart of or have over heard (note: im not good with remembering names and especially of who I dont know or have never meet. I would be afraid to miss quote anything on here because of all the cross examining :) ),,,,,,,,,,,,and as stated before it is not my place or wish to be part of this conversation. I previously apologized for doing so, it was a knee jerk reaction to someone attacking a place and a person I hold close to my heart (and now trying to record and expose...I mean really??? lol, come on!!!). I have watched this thread unfold over the past few days and see that there are many questions regarding BJJ, GJJ or just JJ that I have never actually thought about and actually they kinda contradict themselves (My opinion). Personally I am a nogi guy. I attend only nogi classes and Im a big fan of the nogi competitions like EBI. I know there is another world out there that is much more strict regarding the GI and Lineage. I am not qualified to speak to this due to my belt level and where my heart truly lies...(nogi). Im sure everyone's questions will be answered shortly but it wont be by me (sorry). this doesn't feel right, actually its goes against what I have learned and love about Jiu Jitsu. I am a hippy, the spirit of the approach is real and this is negative and the wrong way to conduct business. I like this page overall and I like the way others prompt the investigation and the conversation (other threads, not this one). BUT, like I said before, I was taken back by the original post and how it was laid out as an attack, there is no value in this. If it was done differently maybe? IDK at this point. So once again, this is not my place and I did not mean to get involved. Im sure you all will have your answers once the DNA tests and the wire taps all come back for investigations. Peace Love, Jiu Jitsue :)

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    I am not qualified to speak to this due to my belt level and where my heart truly lies..
    If you haven't trained under a bjj black belt than you don't have a bjj belt.

Think of it like being an electrician. You could be really good at wiring houses and electrical Theory but until you pass the test and get your hours signed off by a certified electrician you're not an electrician.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 2/17/2017 11:44am at .

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    And when Rayce says under he really means under.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Think of it like being an electrician. You could be really good at wiring houses and electrical Theory but until you pass the test and get your hours signed off by a certified electrician you're not an electrician.
    I thought brown belts could promote up to blue or purple. Or is that only when they have a higher level black belt over them in some manner?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I thought brown belts could promote up to blue or purple. Or is that only when they have a higher level black belt over them in some manner?
    Only black belts can promote but a brown belt could hand someone a belt at the behest of a black belt.
    Obviously there are no laws in place that would make it illegal or whatever. The practice of only black belts promoting is followed by Relson Gracie,Ibjjf, Gracie Humaita, Rickson, The Gracie Academy and pretty much everyone.
    If you are a brown belt running a school you either have your teacher do promotion day seminars or just ask him if you can give out blue belts at his behest.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last