Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling

    Steve Kasten Alchemy BJJ/MMA Smithtown New York

    So it has just come to my attention that this guy has opened a bjj school right in the area of where I train. His website lists his rank as brown belt. If you google "Alchemy MMA Smithtown" and get to the instructors page you will see. It will not let me post link since this is my first post.

    Through various sources and Long Island being a close knit bjj community we have learned he never received his brown belt and awarded it to himself. If anyone calls to verify where he received his rank any response will be very easy to debunk once you contact whoever he tells you awarded it to him. Some people told me this was the right place to post this, as it doesn't seem right someone should be lying about their rank and taking peoples money. If i can dig up anything further myself I will follow up, but I can say with 100% this guy is a fraud, and has promoted himself!!! Why not go full on blackbelt is what I am wondering?

  2. #2
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,251
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    So it has just come to my attention that this guy has opened a bjj school right in the area of where I train. His website lists his rank as brown belt. If you google "Alchemy MMA Smithtown" and get to the instructors page you will see. It will not let me post link since this is my first post.

    Through various sources and Long Island being a close knit bjj community we have learned he never received his brown belt and awarded it to himself. If anyone calls to verify where he received his rank any response will be very easy to debunk once you contact whoever he tells you awarded it to him. Some people told me this was the right place to post this, as it doesn't seem right someone should be lying about their rank and taking peoples money. If i can dig up anything further myself I will follow up, but I can say with 100% this guy is a fraud, and has promoted himself!!! Why not go full on blackbelt is what I am wondering?
    Those are huge claims my friend. They require evidence. Also Fraud is a legal term and you are seriously talking serious trouble without evidence.

    http://alchemymma.net/


    Also from what I can see there are no claims of any rank or accreditation on the site for BJJ or MMA... or Ke*po
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 2/10/2017 12:24am at .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    The evidence is in the post don't know how I can come with more proof than I have. Anyone looking into this guys lineage can easily verify he was never awarded his stated rank. I've heard from multiple people close to the situation you can contact him and ask him. If he claims brown belt ask him to tell you where he got it? The followup phone call is all the proof you need.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    If someone is claiming a rank other than what they actually received I do not understand how that would not be fraud? I am much more than confident that is the case here, so I am not worried.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    I know there is a page that had his picture and rank....

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    It was originally hard to find but i dug it out.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling

  8. #8
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,803
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    5
    He has a fairly solid competition history that is easy to verify. The question you seem to be asking is, between winning the purple belt division in June 2015 under Maxum BJJ and entering the Big Apple BJJ Open as a Brown belt in 2016 under his own academy, who (if anyone) promoted him to Brown Belt?

    some competition history for verification:
    Spoiler:

    2010 - 2nd White Adult Middleweight Long Island Pride Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu X[Maxum BJJ]
    2012 - 3rd no-gi Intermediate Welterweight Grapplers Quest Morristwon, New Jersey[Serra Maxum]
    2012 - 1st Blue Adult Welterweight Grapplers Quest Morristown, New Jersey [Maxum BJJ]
    2014 - registered Purple adult middleweight New York Spring International Open [Serra BJJ Academy]
    2015 - 1st Purple Adult 181.5 lbs Big Apple BJJ Open [Maxum BJJ]
    2016 - 1st Brown Adult 181.5 lbs Big Apple BJJ Open [Alchemy School of Jiu Jitsu]
    2016 - registered no-gi advanced Medium-Heavy weight Grappling Industries Manhattan [Alchemy Martial Arts]


    Maxum thought enough of him to teach their kids class as a purple belt (Feb-15).

    So who at maxim BJJ have you spoken to about his rank?

    Also, what gym did you say you train at?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    Various people around Maxum also roll at other gyms. It is a widely known and talked about story in the local community since there are like 5 schools in a 10 mile radius. There is also a legit school ran by a highly regarded Soca Black Belt within 2 miles of this place. I am not asking a question of who promoted him between those dates because I already know the answer.....himself! I do not know the guys from Maxum that were the source of the information well enough to post their identities on here, I have to ask them first at the very least. However the story can be verified very quickly for anyone looking to do so. I've always heard the stories of guys claiming fake black belts. This is the first I've heard of someone promoting themselves to brown belt instead!

  10. #10
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,803
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    Various people around Maxum also roll at other gyms. It is a widely known and talked about story in the local community since there are like 5 schools in a 10 mile radius.
    This is just hearsay. It was also a once widely known and talked about story that the moon was made of cheese. If you are going to claim fraud we need evidence, not hearsay.

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    There is also a legit school ran by a highly regarded Soca Black Belt within 2 miles of this place. I am not asking a question of who promoted him between those dates because I already know the answer.....himself!
    But how do you know for sure? As someone from the opposite side of the planet (and thus no ties to the community), what can you present to me to convince me that he promoted himself?

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    I do not know the guys from Maxum that were the source of the information well enough to post their identities on here, I have to ask them first at the very least.
    What about a statement from the instructor/s at Maxum regarding what rank they did award him?

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    However the story can be verified very quickly for anyone looking to do so. I've always heard the stories of guys claiming fake black belts.
    By starting this thread, that anyone is you. The onus is on you to verify your claims of fraud. Which shouldn't be too difficult as you say "the story can be verified very quickly".

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    This is the first I've heard of someone promoting themselves to brown belt instead!
    Oh there was another one about three months ago, it happens.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in