Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Kung fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

KM School Sydney - KMDI OR KMG

Hey all,

I am looking to transition into Krav Maga from my current traditional martial arts routine, because KM looks like a versatile fit to most scenarios on the street.

I have no experience in KM and I am not so sure with all the grading systems in KM.

Basically there is Km global - Eyal Yanilov, or km defence institute Ron Engelman.

Both of these organisations are in Sydney, and I appreciate a comment from people who have had experience or know of these instructors.

Thanks for reading!

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not have direct knowledge about these schools but usually there is, in KM and similar RBSD systems, poor quality control; they are profiting on fear mongering and promoting a paranoid mindset in their students.

You can learn and practise basically the same techniques in a good MMA gym.

Welcome to Bullshido BTW.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I do not have direct knowledge about these schools but usually there is, in KM and similar RBSD systems, poor quality control; they are profiting on fear mongering and promoting a paranoid mindset in their students.

You can learn and practise basically the same techniques in a good MMA gym.

Welcome to Bullshido BTW.
    Take this advice. There is no reason not to do MMA or another combat sport; don't be put off by the hostility you may have felt from some practitioners because you used to do Kung Fu. You will get fit, learn to fight and have the time of your life.
    Last edited by Mandem; 1/24/2017 1:26pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga is a garbage "martial art." Don't do it. Find some real training.

Style
    Kung fu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Guys thanks for the update. I really like the honesty here, I think I may just explore the MT and MMA route.

cheers,

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldpalmer16 View Post
    Hey Guys thanks for the update. I really like the honesty here, I think I may just explore the MT and MMA route.

cheers,
    I almost cheered when I read this,. Congrats, you've passed the first hurdle: not getting angry and defensive when people tell you to give up compliant training for the real thing. Good luck

Style
    Punch and Grab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldpalmer16 View Post

cheers,
    Serious question, where in Sydney are you hanging out that you need to know how to defend yourself?
    Last edited by Bar Humbug; 1/24/2017 6:39pm at . Reason: its late, I can't speak good after 10

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread took an unexpected turn.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it depends. coach trained the MMA out of VT1 in Sydney and it is a top gym. Now it has a krav program. And that close to actual fighters I cant imagine if it was that ****.

http://www.vt1mma.com.au
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA and Muay Thai are both great. Jeet Kune Do is another one to consider, if that's to be found around you as well. Filipino Martial Arts (Kali/Escrima/Silat) too. JKD & FMA are often taught complimentarily.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last