Page 6 of 19 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I think free speech ought to end at advocating ethnic cleansing.
    Bigotry like that is protected by the First Amendment. If it's not, freedom of speech is worthless.

It's sad, but true.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't kid yourself into thinking these shitstains aren't also actively doing horrible things.

The neo nazis in Santa Barbara fucking curbstomped a 14 year old girl the year after I left town. Had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. They also raped, drugged girls, beat the **** out of gay people and minorities.

People who are pro genocide and ethnic cleansing don't really have a problem with committing atrocities, by and large, as long as they are the ones doing it.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if they're doing horrible things they should be locked up.

But speaking in public, in the United States, is protected whether you like what they say or not. We're not talking "fire in a crowded theater" here. It's Constitutionally-protected stupidity.

Remember the douchebag who got punched in the OP isn't preaching genocide per se. In his world he simply wants everyone who is non-white to pack up and leave quietly.

He's stupid, I know. But assaulting him is like assaulting a petulant child. It's providing the Neo Nazis EXACTLY what they want. Blood.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 1/27/2017 2:36am at .

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    No, you can't "beat the **** out of someone" in Washington or California.

Show me the law that says "if someone is being a jerk, you can beat the **** out of them."

Seriously, that's not what the laws say at all.
    Have you heard of something called fighting words?

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Have you heard of something called fighting words?
    Yes, and they don't give you the right to beat the **** out of anyone in California or Washington. Especially based on their jerk status.

Go ahead, go pick out a jerk and beat the **** out of him and report back. ;-

I've been to Oregon. None of you pussies can fight, anyway.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and they don't give you the right to beat the **** out of anyone in California or Washington. Especially based on their jerk status.

Go ahead, go pick out a jerk and beat the **** out of him and report back. ;-

I've been to Oregon. None of you pussies can fight, anyway.
    I would argue that running up to a Jew and screaming about how they and everyone like them should be gassed qualifies as fighting words. Which would make it hard for battery charges to stick. You're not going to easily find a jury that will convict that. With good reason. If anyone were to run up to me and do that **** he would be getting an express ticket to KO land.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would argue that running up to a Jew and screaming about how they and everyone like them should be gassed qualifies as fighting words. Which would make it hard for battery charges to stick. You're not going to easily find a jury that will convict that. With good reason. If anyone were to run up to me and do that **** he would be getting an express ticket to KO land.
    Running up and screaming, you said? Yes, that's the textbook definition of assault. It actually doesn't matter what you say to them. That's assault in any state.

Mutual combat laws don't allow people to beat the **** out of each other. They allow two people to agree to fight. BIG DIFFERENCE. Yes, legally, even in those states.

You're advocating vigilante violence against someone for speaking in public. That's not very American, shutting down unpopular views with force. Only Nazis and Commies do that sort of ****.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 1/27/2017 3:08am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting words are not covered by the 1st.

Fighting Words:
    Words which would likely make the person whom they are addressed commit an act of violence. Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment. Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942).
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fighting_words
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you can't "beat the **** out of someone" in Washington or California.

Show me the law that says "if someone is being a jerk, you can beat the **** out of them."

Seriously, that's not what the laws say at all.
    Well the Washington law states:
    A fight into which both parties enter willingly, or in which two persons, upon a sudden quarrel, and in hot blood, mutually fight upon equal terms.
    Police showing up to a 911 call in Seattle and refereeing a fight under said law(I do have to say a professional fighter day job and caped crusader on the side is kinda nifty)

News story that ran about said incident:
    http://mynorthwest.com/32084/seattle...nes-fistfight/

As far as California there is the case of Zac Efron throwing a bottle at the wrong group of transients
    http://time.com/40129/zac-efron-punched-in-face/

Sorry if it doesn't go with your sensiblities but there are places where slinging racial slurs will get you knocked out and all the police will do is shrug.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jones was a poster here for a good bit.
    His heart was always in the right place.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 6 of 19 First ... 234567891016 ... Last